Atlantica 4101.

FB

Just booked an inside cabin on Atlantic for 2 adults and 2 kids (4, 1). We were given Cabin 4101 and after looking at the cabin location I am very concerned. The wall of the cabin actually appears to be in part of the main theatre. I asked for a different cabin and was told there were none left. For the price we paid I may just stick with it and pray. I have the option of upgrading to a balcony for $560 more.

Does anybody have any experience with the noise in this area of the ship or this specific stateroom.

Thanks

FB

Just booked an inside cabin on Atlantic for 2 adults and 2 kids (4, 1). We were given Cabin 4101 and after looking at the cabin location I am very concerned. The wall of the cabin actually appears to be in part of the main theatre. I asked for a different cabin and was told there were none left. For the price we paid I may just stick with it and pray. I have the option of upgrading to a balcony for $560 more.

Does anybody have any experience with the noise in this area of the ship or this specific stateroom.

Thanks

FB

Your cabin is the first, but it is not next to the cabin, there are passage ways, elevators and staircases between your cabin and theatre. The actual theatre stage is two decks below, your cabin / deck is on the same deck as the second tier theatre balcony.

That being said, if I had the chance to upgrade to a balcony (unobstructed by lifeboats - check that) for $560, I would jump at it. So many plus points,

sun rise, sun set, entering and leaving harbours, my favourite is watching all the late comers try to catch the ship.

Whatever you decide have a great cruise.

Ron

If you hve the money, do the upgrade.

Especially when travelling with little ones, you´ll enjoy the extra space and being able to sit outside while your kids take a nap and being in hearing distance is very comfortable.

If money is a big issue, your stateroom shouldn´t be to bad, I´ve been to the forward of the ship quite often and to me it appeared that there staterooms are more quite than the ones beneath the theatre or restaurant...

The upgarde is for a B3 (does not appear to be obstructed) balcony for $521.00 (I thought it was $560) I always consider money an issue ie getting the best value for your money. $521 can go along way for excursions and flights (which are far too expensive right now) I am really on the fence. If I knew I had good air prices I would jump on it.

I did know that it was the 3rd level but my concern is the cabin appears to be beside the hallway that leads to the theatre which to me says that the sound has an unobstructed path right to our cabin wall. Just seems like it has the potential to be very loud.

I suppose if I want to be sure I have too go with the balcony.

4.gif

I decided it's not worth the risk. I called and asked to be moved to a B3. I think sitting on the balcony while the kids sleep is a much better option at this point. I have until Jan 1st to find decent air fare and if nothing comes up I may just outright cancel.

Thanks for the advice.

FB

Hi FB!

We are on the same sailing and it is absolutely ridiculous what airfare is running right now! I booked on Orbitz so if the prices for the same flights go down between now and our trip, we will be refunded the difference.

Hi FB!

We are on the same sailing and it is absolutely ridiculous what airfare is running right now! I booked on Orbitz so if the prices for the same flights go down between now and our trip, we will be refunded the difference.

Is it refunded if they go down, or only if someone books the exact itinerary on the exact date and purchases the ticket? I thought it had to be an exact match actually purchased. I figured the chances of someone flying the exact route as me was not very likely. I've never gotten a refund in any case.

Is it refunded if they go down, or only if someone books the exact itinerary on the exact date and purchases the ticket? I thought it had to be an exact match actually purchased. I figured the chances of someone flying the exact route as me was not very likely. I've never gotten a refund in any case.

You are right. Someone has to book and purchase the exact itinerary. Even with the high airfare cost, flying to FFL from IAH to cruise on the Atlantica is still going to cost us considerably less than either of the 7 day cruises out of Galveston (about an hour and half drive for us)

Archived