How do you say "Happy Hour"?

Lucy Jane

An "appie" I believe is an appetizer, and they were delicious, and the bars on the Volendam were the Crows Nest and the Ocean Bar. Time on this ship was from 4:30 to 5:30 pm of course. It was a pleasant suprise and we met lots of great people from all over the world.

On the Zuiderdam this summer the couple at the table next to us in the Crow's Nest during HH ordered two bottles of beer, the waiter said "2 for 1?" and they said yes. When he brought them BOTH 2 bottles of beer at one time we all laughed. I honestly thought they would get one each, and only charged for one. Is this the same HH policy on all HAL ships?

We also had 2fers on the Zuiderdam March/April this year. Is this still happening as of this writing does anyone know. We met people we are going with on the Prisendam 8/2010 14 day British Isles. We're also leaving in 3 weeks for Westerdam B2B Southern/Eastern Carib. Hope it is still so. We did meet nice people during that one hour.

Hi Lucy_Jane !

I was on the same cruise as you !!!

What a beautifull rocking voyage..!

High seas, typhoon...!

I keep a very good souvenir about this trip Vancouver to Kobe.

Holacanada on board Westerdam in 37 days, 9 hours, 15 minutes and 36 seconds

Holacanada, Yes- it was a great cruise - the 25 hour days were a bit much but the happy hour made it worth while. Most ships have almost no alchol in their drinks, but HAL not only serves cocktails but the appetiizers were even better.

Your upcoming cruise sounds great!

Archived