Dress on Australian Cruise

chaswelf

We are going on the rhapsody on 11/21 for 10 night great barrier reef cruise out of Sydney. Oh, btw we are still short a couple of people for the meet and mingle so if you on this cruise with us sign up.

OK now the real question. My wife asked me the other night what we should bring for casual evenings. You see we have only cruised the caribbean and I've wore slacks and golf shirts or tommy bahama kind of button ups and she wears pants and casual tops. You know kind of caribbean wear.

We were wondering if the caribbean wear is common on australian cruises or what a typical casual evening outfit would be down under.

On our Austalian Cruise (01/09), casual night was mostly docker type pants with golf shirts and button down (like Tommy Bahama, etc) type shirts. Formal nights were mostly suits, a few tuxes. There was also smart casual nights. Some men wore dockers, shirt & tie, while some wore dress pants, shirt and jacket without a tie.

On our Austalian Cruise (01/09), casual night was mostly docker type pants with golf shirts and button down (like Tommy Bahama, etc) type shirts. Formal nights were mostly suits, a few tuxes. There was also smart casual nights. Some men wore dockers, shirt & tie, while some wore dress pants, shirt and jacket without a tie.

Thanks everyone for the response. Sounds like my usal cruise wear will work just fine. I happend to fall into the few tux group, love breaking that baby out of the closet!

You will find that Australia has a very relaxed casual dress code in general.

As you will be sailing in Queensland during the very warm months what you suggest is fine. Cool relaxed resort wear will be great.

Archived