What is the best method for checking for price drops on RCI?

Calgary3

My husband and I are sailing on the Voyager of the Seas this November. I booked this cruise on their website. Several times a day I check for price drops using the exclusive rate feature and have actually found some decreases. However, they always state for new bookings only - which does not apply to us.

Is there a different method of checking that I should be using? Thanks for the help.

:)

What you do is what I do too - but when I read the fine print under the prices (which are starred *) it always says just for new bookings. This happens even when it's not a WOW Tuesday. I guess I will just keep checking. Thanks again.

Betty

You know what's fascinating? I always see those asterisks and, against what I NORMALLY do, I completely ignore them. I just happened to have the pricing page open already so I just looked at the prices, saw the asterisks, scrolled down, and saw the "For new bookings only" quote.

Ignore it. :) If your price drops, give them a call. Worse comes to worst they'll say it's for new bookings only. But I've never been told that and I've gotten two (tiny but enough for a couple of drinks) drops already on my upcoming cruise. :)

Thanks again Amybeth. Next time I see a price drop - I will do just what you said. Wish me luck... :)

Betty

You know what's fascinating? I always see those asterisks and, against what I NORMALLY do, I completely ignore them. I just happened to have the pricing page open already so I just looked at the prices, saw the asterisks, scrolled down, and saw the "For new bookings only" quote.

Ignore it. :) If your price drops, give them a call. Worse comes to worst they'll say it's for new bookings only. But I've never been told that and I've gotten two (tiny but enough for a couple of drinks) drops already on my upcoming cruise. :)

Thanks again Amybeth. Next time I see a price drop - I will do just what you said. Wish me luck... :)

Betty

I wish you the best of luck. Even when your cabin is in steerage and your credit only comes to a whopping $30 per person, it's still exciting and will get you more drinks onboard. AND we got two of them. One for about $30 each and a second for $26 each. That almost covers our tips!

BTW, in case you don't know, RCI's new policy is to refund your credit card (or lower your final price) before final payment is due. After, you get an on board credit only.

Again, good luck!

Does this apply if you booked as part of a group? Do I have to call the TA about a price drop if I'm part of a group? Or do price drops just not apply? I asked when I booked and the agent said they would apply if there were any. Can I call RCI directly or do I have to call the TA?

Does this apply if you booked as part of a group? Do I have to call the TA about a price drop if I'm part of a group? Or do price drops just not apply? I asked when I booked and the agent said they would apply if there were any. Can I call RCI directly or do I have to call the TA?

You need to call your TA about the price drops. RCCL will not talk to you only to your TA. Your TA should lower the price if the price is lower than the group booking. Good luck

Archived