I really do wear all the shoes

lakette3

I'm a super-light packer. No matter where' date=' no matter the length of the trip or cruise, it all goes into a 22" roll-on-board.

I take 3 pair of shoes......wearing one of those pair on the flight.

A pair of walking shoes/sneakers...a pair of sandals for beaching or around the ship during the day and a pair of very low heeled plain black pumps for evening wear and in the dining rooms.

Freedom is less luggage......truly.[/quote']

I bet you got just as much notice as those who brought along the shipping container of shoes and their own personal ozone hole :D

I'm a super-light packer. No matter where' date=' no matter the length of the trip or cruise, it all goes into a 22" roll-on-board.

I take 3 pair of shoes......wearing one of those pair on the flight.

A pair of walking shoes/sneakers...a pair of sandals for beaching or around the ship during the day and a pair of very low heeled plain black pumps for evening wear and in the dining rooms.

Freedom is less luggage......truly.[/quote']

Maybe for you, but my freedom is in being able to have wardrobe choices every day! I won't wear most tops or capris/pants more than once or twice and I like my shoes to match. We always dress up to the nines on formal nights so I need shoes to match for those outfits as well. I like to dress up while I am on a cruise holiday and I will continue to bring all the clothes/shoes I need to dress how I want-so to the OP, bring what you like, it's your holiday enjoy it how YOU like!:D

My DH has a fit when he sees how many shoes I bring on a cruise. Even the short cruises. I live in a resort area in SC and we can get great sandals of all types all year around. Most of them pack easy. And, I do wear them all.

Any one else out there bring a lot of shoes. How many?

Let's see...

One pair dress shoes, one pair formal dress shoes, one pair white kicks, one pair dark kicks, one pair workout/basketball kicks and either a pair of sandals or Crocs.

So six.

Always managed with 4 before, but this trip down-under we have 15 nights pre-cruise and the cruise is 10 so I have bumped it up to 6 including the pair I am flying with.

Just bought the pair for traveling with, cutest little Merrill's with zippers for easy airport and airplane on and offs. :)

After the FIRST suit case was full I just shook my head kept my mouth shut and walked away :eek: :eek: :eek:. I've learned to never to ask WHY do you need that much of ???????????????.

You my friend, are a VERY smart man!

I too am a shoe lover... Never really counted how many I bring with me on vacation though. Usually I bring how many will fit in the suitcases. I tuck them in anywhere I can fit. And I usually do wear most of them. Last weekend we went away for two nights and I brought 4 pairs. Hey, a girl has to prepared for everything!!! ;)

I never got the shoe bug, or the budget to afford it. I do however have a flip flop budget and have several pairs. Usually a pair to match each tanktop.

So I do take 4-5 flipflops for daytime, tennies, and low heeled sandals for casual and high heeled strappy sandals for formal.

So even though its like 8 pairs of "shoes" all toghether they probably dont weigh more than my DH one pair of dress shoes. He also take 1-2 pair of flipflops and tennies.

We dont have a special bag for shoes we just shove them in the sides and corners of the two bags we take.

I've only done one cruise so far - 12 nights Med. Brought 4 pairs plus trainers which I wore to travel. Weight restrictions on flights are so tight (here in Europe anyway) that if I brought any more I would have had fewer changes of clothes. Worked fine!

I bet you got just as much notice as those who brought along the shipping container of shoes and their own personal ozone hole :D

I don't know about that.......:D, but I sure zip pass those overpriced luggage carts at the airport. Before I was Platinum, I used to carry it onboard the ship myself;it being small enough to fit through the scanner.

If I travel on an airline that charges for luggage, I also zip by the "pay here" line and carry it on...it rarely weighs more than 40 pounds.

I take the same clothes on every cruise..the items are all together in the closet. Takes about 1/2 hour to pack morning of departure - and about 15 minutes to unpack once on the ship.

I traveled for a living on extended trips for over 30 years. Packing is down to a fine art. Will never, ever take anything "just in case" I might need it...only those things I know I'll wear, use.....

But, that's just my style. I understand that there are fashionistas out there who take scads of clothes and shoes. I'm just not one of them....HA!!

:D

my wife had been bringing more pairs of shoes than # of days we were actually away but with bag restrictions/costs on airlines we have finally seen a decrease in the shoe capacity...I think she realize that if we save a few bucks on luggage fees she can buy more shoes:rolleyes:

I don't know about that.......:D' date=' but I sure zip pass those overpriced luggage carts at the airport. Before I was Platinum, I used to carry it onboard the ship myself;it being small enough to fit through the scanner.

If I travel on an airline that charges for luggage, I also zip by the "pay here" line and carry it on...it rarely weighs more than 40 pounds.

I take the same clothes on every cruise..the items are all together in the closet. Takes about 1/2 hour to pack morning of departure - and about 15 minutes to unpack once on the ship.

I traveled for a living on extended trips for over 30 years. Packing is down to a fine art. Will never, ever take anything "just in case" I might need it...only those things I know I'll wear, use.....

But, that's just my style. I understand that there are fashionistas out there who take scads of clothes and shoes. I'm just not one of them....HA!!

:D[/quote']

Fellow road warrior here too. Did it for 7 years. If it doesn't fit in the overhead it aint going. Besides, nobody ever looks back at the cruise photos and says "Damn those shoes look good"

I wonder what would happen if the shoe steamer trunk got lost enroute to the ship? That would never happen would it? :D

I bring three pairs of shoes and the ones I wear on the plane. I do not own more shoes than that. I always tease my husband because he has 3/4 of the walk in closet and both closests in the spare room full of clothes and I just have a few clothes.

on last year's 8 day cruise I brought atleast 11 pairs of shoes! And I wore every single one of them. I was lucky that we drove to the port. I had a suit case filled with only shoes!!!!!!!!!!! This upcoming cruise is only 5 days, I am bringing atleast 5 pairs! Haven't finalized that yet!

On our honeymoon cruise in 2001, a 4 night cruise on the Sovereign there were two young ladies at the MDR table with us. They said they brought 19 pairs of shoes each.

One time I was dumb enough to ask why my wife needed so many different shoes and she asked why I needed so many different fishing poles. :cool:

Mrs E has an affection for shoes. She has over 250 different pairs. She sometimes looks like a young child at Christmas carrying around a new pair of shoes like a new toy.

Often she goes out shopping without me and says she is grocery shopping. With a little detective work, I was able to figure out she was sneaking shoes home too.

As some know, we have 3 cats. Well one of them is addicted to the silica gel packets they place in the box with a new pair of shoes. Mrs E would come home from "grocery" shopping, carry a few bags of "groceries" into the house, and inform me there were more bags to bring in from the car. I would go get the rest of the bags of groceries, and when I got back in the house, she would be putting away the groceries.

One day, while she was putting away the groceries, I noticed one of the cats scratching at the closet door. I opened the door, and the cat jumped into the closet, climbed up on one of the shelves, and pulled down a box of shoes. Then the cat took the silica gel pack, and ran under the bed to chew on it.

This happened on several occasions. Mrs E would shop, while she was putting away the groceries, the cat would run to the closet, dig out the new shoe box and run off with the silica gel. This cat was better than the drug sniffing dogs at the airport. One day, upon returning from grocery shopping, I asked Mrs E if she got anything else. She said nope. I then brought her and the cat to the closet door. Within seconds the cat found her new shoes.

It didn't accomplish much though. Now the new shoes come home with no box and no silica gel.:eek:

And last week, Mrs E went on a cruise with her sister, and I got to stay home and watch the cats.

On Sunday we sail on the Adventure, and we will be shopping for shoes.:D:D:D

Mr. E a great story...but as you have learned we will get our shoes anyway we can.......are your cats female?

We drive to most ports and don't have to worry about weight in the suitcase......for a 7 night cruise, I take at least 14 pairs of shoes, which are mostly flip flops which weigh nothing!

A girl needs choices!!!!:D

I agree. I have to fly to any port, and I still bring at least 7 or 8 pairs for a week long cruise. I know how to pack creatively, and always have everything I need. For a 3 nighter, I "get by" with maybe 4 or 5 pairs. My DH, like so many other men on this forum, just don't get why I need so many sandals/shoes. Hey, I live in WI, and to be able to wear sandals on a cruise in the middle of winter is a big treat for me after walking through snow at home!!!

Mr. E a great story...but as you have learned we will get our shoes anyway we can.......are your cats female?

Two female cats... and one male, who also, occasionally, and incorrectly thinks he is in charge.:D

One time Mrs E came home and took off the shoes she was wearing. She tossed them into the corner, and the two female cats ran over to them and started fighting over the shoes.

Bob (the male cat without a tail) and I just sat back and watched, figuring when Mrs E saw it, the two female cats would be sorry.

Wrong again, somehow it was our fault for not stopping them, and now Mrs

E would need to replace the fought over shoes. :eek:

Men will never win the shoe discussions. Handbags either.

Archived