RC Mariner of the Seas OR CC Splendor

Tooter_Cruiser

Hello all!

Would anyone recommend one ship over the other? We did our first family cruise on the Splendor and had a very positive experience. However, a fellow cruiser said we'd love the Mariner. Our party will consist of 2 adults and 2 children ages 6 and 3.

Thanks for your help!

If you've already done Splendor then why don't you try something different and go on Mariner? :) I don't think you'll be disappointed. ;)

Good point! :) I guess we're attracted to returning to the Splendor because we KNOW the children will love Camp Carnival. While Mariner certainly offers more in terms of activities, I don't how age appropriate rock climbing and ice skating will be to a 3 and 6 year old especially when their parents don't do either!

The boards seem to indicate that young kids have more fun in Camp Carnival?

The boards seem to indicate that young kids have more fun in Camp Carnival?

I wouldn't say that. Personally I think there is just as much to do in Adventure Ocean as there is in Camp Carnival. And having fun depends on the counselors on that particular ship. My kids had a great time in Camp Carnival on Elation and Sensation - had a horrible time in Camp on Triumph.

Royal Caribbean has the parades through the promenade. The Adventure Ocean pirate parade (my kids adore this! They get to be pirates for the day) The talent shows. The PJ party. Making space mud.

My kids prefer RCCL over CCL.

We were on Mariner last March with our 3 year old son--our first cruise with him...and he had a blast! We had fun together time at the pool, golf, ping pong and roaming the ship and then he had a wonderful time in Adventure Ocean. We actually had several hours to ourselves each day, which I wasn't expecting. The crew was very attentive--he knew them all by name. Sometimes it was difficult to get him out of there he loved it so much!

Archived