Didn't think it was possible but it happened ...

bluesea777

Hi, where exactly is Heritage Wharf? I can't find it on my map. I thought the Dawn always docked at Royal Naval Dockyard.

Thanks, we are going on the Dawn to Bermuda in April.

~Jo~

Hi, where exactly is Heritage Wharf? I can't find it on my map. I thought the Dawn always docked at Royal Naval Dockyard.

Thanks, we are going on the Dawn to Bermuda in April.

~Jo~

It is the Dockyards. This is the name of the Pier. Its not the first time its been starboard on the pier either.

It is the Dockyards. This is the name of the Pier. Its not the first time its been starboard on the pier either.

When we saw it docked on the starboard side earlier this month it was at Kings Wharf, not Heritage Wharf...which is the point the OP was making...when he said "The first time it's happened - starboard & Heritage."

Note to "~Jo~": There are now two berths at the Dockyard, Heritage Wharf and King's Wharf. Heritage Wharf opened this year.

njhorseman is correct.

The entrance into Dolphin Quest from sea is off the end of Heritage Wharf and it was thought ships were not supposed to dock starboard there ... this was why I was surprised to see Dawn docking that way.

Last week Dawn was docked starboard at Kings Wharf - I think it was her 3rd time like this this summer.

I'm sure her starboard lifeboats are now in pristine order - for her winter sailings!

Indeed on the Oct 3 sailing it was starboard at kings. (maybe because of the Grander being at Heritage and the wind issue?)

I would have preferred the water view as dockyard was a bit noisy.

But it is fun to watch the late comers run on board.

We also go to mock the the 2 that missed the ship and had to be taking by tug as we backed out and around.

Indeed on the Oct 3 sailing it was starboard at kings. (maybe because of the Grander being at Heritage and the wind issue?)

I would have preferred the water view as dockyard was a bit noisy.

But it is fun to watch the late comers run on board.

We also go to mock the the 2 that missed the ship and had to be taking by tug as we backed out and around.

Do people miss the ship that often? Yikes!

Archived