renewing vows

Bamagal in FL

I will give you an idea of how our vow renewal went on the Summit this past June. I called the Wedding Department from Celebrity Cruises to start the ball rolling. There are a couple of different plans available and we chose the more expensive because this was our 50th Wedding Anniversary. They faxed the contract to me for sigs and I faxed it back. The contract was very plain and I was concerned that I would not be able to customize anything just for us, but once on board I met with the special event coordinator and finalized everything with him. I met with the florist to order my flowers (they were beautiful). We did not do our own vows, but went with the standard vows they use. The vows they use were just wonderful. We had the Captain officiate, but I don't know if this is possible in all cases. The date, time and location will probably depend on your ship and itinerary. I would do this again in a minute -- it was truely a once-in-a-lifetime event. I have never sailed with NCL so I have no idea how their Wedding Planning is done. Good luck:)

I will give you an idea of how our vow renewal went on the Summit this past June. I called the Wedding Department from Celebrity Cruises to start the ball rolling. There are a couple of different plans available and we chose the more expensive because this was our 50th Wedding Anniversary. They faxed the contract to me for sigs and I faxed it back. The contract was very plain and I was concerned that I would not be able to customize anything just for us, but once on board I met with the special event coordinator and finalized everything with him. I met with the florist to order my flowers (they were beautiful). We did not do our own vows, but went with the standard vows they use. The vows they use were just wonderful. We had the Captain officiate, but I don't know if this is possible in all cases. The date, time and location will probably depend on your ship and itinerary. I would do this again in a minute -- it was truely a once-in-a-lifetime event. I have never sailed with NCL so I have no idea how their Wedding Planning is done. Good luck:)

I also did pretty much the same only on Disney off the coast of Italy. I contacted the coordinator and she did all the heavy lifting. We also had the Captain perform the ceremony and we have a wonderful certificate to commemorate the event.Like Margeecruiser it really is a great memory for both of us and you. Pick out a special ring that will bring you right back to that moment in time. It is amazing how alot of fellow passengers share your joy. Congratulation on your anniversary and many more.:)

Archived