Brazilian Visa Application

Sealover11

Help me please!!!:eek: I'll be traveling on the Royal Princess in December. The cruise leaves out of Manaus, Brazil. In order to fly into Brazil and board the ship, I need a visa. That's not a problem. The problem is how do I fill out the section in which they ask the name, address and phone number for my hotel? I'm not staying in a land based hotel, I'll be aboard the Royal Princess. I tried calling Princess, but they were no help. They directed me to a company, but I don't care to pay the extra fee to have someone else do this for me.

Has anyone out there encountered this and could you please help me with some advice on how to complete the Brazilian Visa application? Thanks all.

I've done Brazilian cruises a few times and when it asks for the address, just put in the 800 number of the cruise line, and the name of the ship and sailing date. You will also have to include a copy of your flight ticket or itinerary and your ship's itinerary that includes the dates of your cruise. Don't forget this part because if you do, it will take three times the amount of time to get the visa.

I've done Brazilian cruises a few times and when it asks for the address, just put in the 800 number of the cruise line, and the name of the ship and sailing date. You will also have to include a copy of your flight ticket or itinerary and your ship's itinerary that includes the dates of your cruise. Don't forget this part because if you do, it will take three times the amount of time to get the visa.

Certainly you take this Poster's advice. She had more cruising experience

that I do - and every post I've read makes sense.

Call the Consulate for your area and ask. Brazil not only changes the rules constantly, each consulate has their own specific rules. When we got our visa's from the Miami consulate, they would only answer the phone for one hour beginning a 4 PM each day.

Go to the link for RCCL, Mariner on the Seas - Around the Horn - 46 nights January 4 2009. There are extensive postings on that link covering everything imaginable regarding Brazilian Visas.

Good advice already offered. I am only concerned about one thing. Why would you fly intercontinental and cruise on the same day. It will take nothing to make that plan fall apart.

If you stay with the plan of flying in on the day of sailing then yes, list that you are on cruiseship xxxxxx... We filed in person at the Brazilian embassey in Chicago with our passports and prepaid SASE, and paid the fee, and they were mailed them back to us within a week. This is really nothing to worry about unless you have some sort of criminal background that would be really obvious. The only purpose of the visa is to make money for the government.

jc

Good advice already offered. I am only concerned about one thing. Why would you fly intercontinental and cruise on the same day. It will take nothing to make that plan fall apart.

In the case of the OP, if they're flying cruiseline air, they really don't have a choice. Princess uses a charter flight from MIA to MAO. They also require an "operational overnight", so they make you fly into miami the day before the flight to manaus. (Although calling it an overnight is probably a bit iffy, the charter flight is at 12:50 AM.) So while not ideal, it's not quite the usual arrangements for flying in the same day.

BTW, FWIW, I put "Embarking Royal Princes, Manaus" in for the contact address. My visa application is still out, but checking it just now shows that it's authorized, so that seems to work. We had to go through the Chicago consulate, and I literally sent the applications off on Wednesday of last week, sounds like we'll have them back soon. Did the mailing myself, none of this paying extra money for a visa service. The biggest catch I found was to make sure you pay attention when you fill in dates, it's day/month/year, not month/day/year.

Archived