Removing Carnival Logo From Ship's Exterior

DarthGrady

Fantasy two weeks ago didn't have the logo as well.

2941793410098903857S600x600Q85.jpg

I never noticed this getting on the Ecstasy last weekend, but while in Cozumel on Saturday watching all the late comers return, I looked over at the Fantasy and saw it was gone. I saw the earlier pic of the Ecstasy in dry dock with the logo removed, but never thought to check the ship after I saw the Fantasy's painted over.

I was just down at Channelside last week watching the Legend sail away (getting excited for my upcoming cruise.) and the logo was still there. Here is a picture from last week.

It seems that they must be phasing them out slowly, or maybe as the ships are dry docked.

I just came home from the Blogger's Breakfast in NYC and I asked John Heald about this. The vice president of marketing was there with him. They both said Carnival has changed it's logo from the "widget" to the "whale tail". All of the branded clothing being worn had the funnel as part of the name.

I just came home from the Blogger's Breakfast in NYC and I asked John Heald about this. The vice president of marketing was there with him. They both said Carnival has changed it's logo from the "widget" to the "whale tail". All of the branded clothing being worn had the funnel as part of the name.

Thanks for asking and letting us know. Did they state if they whale tail and "Carnival" be painted instead on the sides of the ships? Or will they just remain white?

I'm thinking that they decided to remove the logo, because of the accident in Cozumel with the Legend. No logo, no one knows who done it! Plus if the ships are just swapping white paint, there won't be a need to paint the ship!

HAA!!!

As if anyone could possibly miss the "Whale Tale".......:D

Who had the lead on this from get-go? :D

Cool, thanks for the insider info!

I figured thats probably what was going on. I just got one of the new Carnival catalogs and most of the branding features the funnel now too. It will be weird to see the little widget go.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

All - Carnival is painting these logos over (on the Spirit & Fantasy class ships) to emphasize the whale tail as THE Carnival logo.

Some "beard" in Miami in the Marketing Dept must've come up with this. Pretty silly IMHO...anybody heard of a secondary logo?

I liked these logos up by the front of these ships...added color. Even with these logos, it didn't take away from the whale tail...who could miss that?

They could've kept the secondary logos and just used the whale tail logo, as they are doing, on their shirts, stationary, etc.

Sooooo...if Carnival is going this route, why aren't they painting over the red/blue semi-triangle up at the sundeck level on the Conquest class ships?? Doesn't that detract from the whale tail also?

Makes no sense to me. Don't fix something that isn't broke...

Marty

Fantasy two weeks ago didn't have the logo as well.

2941793410098903857S600x600Q85.jpg

we sailed on Ecstasy last October right after the month long dry dock and refurb. I can't access my photos right now, but I have a picture of the ship in port where you can see the logo painted over. Must be something they are doing fleet wide.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived