'Majesty' pot bust

jleq

Ohhh a whole 12 joints.

More importantly I would object to someone searching my cabin without me being there. If I would have known that cabins are subject to random drug searches I would have hidden my valuables better.

Doesn't matter if you hidden them better - the dogs will still get to them.

Also it's not random - the dogs sniff in the corridors and would stop at door if there is suspicious smell from the gap under the door. And I think the police has the right to let dogs into the room when you are not there.

I agree this guy got what he deserved. But I do have a question I never thought about until now. Granted I doubt anyone brazen enough to carry that kind of drug aboard a cruise ship would ever leave any behind, but what if it had been hidden in the stateroom by a previous guest and it was found while you were in that stateroom? His was in his luggage I know, but what if? Like would they do a drug test on me to prove I am not a user, etc? How could I prove it wasn't mine if it was in a place, a drawer, under the bed, etc, some where that I would never have looked.

I agree this guy got what he deserved. But I do have a question I never thought about until now. Granted I doubt anyone brazen enough to carry that kind of drug aboard a cruise ship would ever leave any behind, but what if it had been hidden in the stateroom by a previous guest and it was found while you were in that stateroom? His was in his luggage I know, but what if? Like would they do a drug test on me to prove I am not a user, etc? How could I prove it wasn't mine if it was in a place, a drawer, under the bed, etc, some where that I would never have looked.

You bring up a very valid point, one which should be heeded by all. But the issue at hand is that he was caught red-handed. Not a very smart individual...Enjoy your upcoming cruise...

John

There is a good chance that there is more to the story.

It has been my understanding/expectation that all bags get sniffed before they are loaded onto a ship. It seems that maybe I've seen some dogs at the check-in area. That might have been a tip-off.

A lot of serious potheads seem unaware of just how strong that odor is. If the ship's crew got a tip from another passenger about the 'aroma' from a particular room, it would be easy enough to get a dog to do a sniff-by. I think maybe the ticket has language regarding bringing pot onto the ship, so that entering the room for a search after a sniff would have no legal issues.

I'm not a rockeet scientist, but my Dad was. I AM smart enough to avoid bringing a hooter onto a cruise ship.

Clearly he needed to go to potrunners.com...

LOL!!! That's funny, man... <cough>

I remember reading about how strict Bermuda is with the ships in port. Too bad this guy didn't.

I wonder if he had a prescription... Not that it would have changed the outcome, just curious.

pass the Doritos.

Ohhh a whole 12 joints.

Either it's legal or it isn't. Quatity means nothing.

More importantly I would object to someone searching my cabin without me being there.

Would you not object and what would you do differentlly if you were there at the time?:confused:

If I would have known that cabins are subject to random drug searches I would have hidden my valuables better.

Now you know so the drug sniffing dogs won't be able to smell them?:p

Here's some light reading. It's a few years old but I am sure it still holds true:

Narcotics offenders will be fined up to $1 million and receive sentences of between ten years and life under the Misuse of Drug Amendment Act 2005. Severe penalties will apply for other violations.

To avoid arrest for any type of illegal narcotics, such as but not limited to liquid ecstasy, magic mushrooms, marijuana, cocaine, heroin, etc. don't import them.

Bermuda law does not permit the sale of marijuana or any other narcotic for any reason, not even for medical purposes.

There is a zero tolerance policy and crews of cruise ships and drug couriers are known as major importers. Bermuda Police and Customs work very closely with their drug enforcement counterparts in the USA and elsewhere. Despite warnings, arrests and convictions happen every day. Detection systems are now very sophisticated and include drug-sniffing dogs employed for the task at the airport and on cruise ships. Penalties for not complying are very harsh in Bermuda for even the smallest amount, with separate criminal charges for importation, possession, intent to supply and more - and with substantial repercussions elsewhere as well, as their names, passport numbers, social security numbers, and more are circulated to overseas authorities.

Here's some light reading. It's a few years old but I am sure it still holds true...

Narcotics offenders will be fined up to $1 million and receive sentences of between ten years and life under the Misuse of Drug Amendment Act 2005. Severe penalties will apply for other violations.

To avoid arrest for any type of illegal narcotics, such as but not limited to liquid ecstasy, magic mushrooms, marijuana, cocaine, heroin, etc. don't import them.

Bermuda law does not permit the sale of marijuana or any other narcotic for any reason, not even for medical purposes.

There is a zero tolerance policy and crews of cruise ships and drug couriers are known as major importers. Bermuda Police and Customs work very closely with their drug enforcement counterparts in the USA and elsewhere. Despite warnings, arrests and convictions happen every day. Detection systems are now very sophisticated and include drug-sniffing dogs employed for the task at the airport and on cruise ships. Penalties for not complying are very harsh in Bermuda for even the smallest amount, with separate criminal charges for importation, possession, intent to supply and more - and with substantial repercussions elsewhere as well, as their names, passport numbers, social security numbers, and more are circulated to overseas authorities.

Here's some light reading. It's a few years old but I am sure it still holds true...

Now that's a buzz kill if I've ever seen one.. lol

Obviously this guy's pot was for personal use, but Bermuda doesn't differentiate. No tolerance laws.

So anyone with glaucoma.. don't go to Bermuda!! ;)

Obviously this guy's pot was for personal use, but Bermuda doesn't differentiate. No tolerance laws.

Yeah, medicinal marijuana is legal in Colorado. Guess you don't get to medicate on vacation. Doesn't seem to make for a very good vacation for some. Guess you have to hope for a good week.

Sorry to bring you down, man.

The least I can do is buy you a donut...and a microwave burrito, and a bag of pork rinds...and ring dings, and a can of Pringles....:D

Archived