Computer guru help needed - How do I get the Star Status Icon into my CC signature?

GmaPajama

I've been trying for days, and cannot figure out how to get my 3-star Mariner icon into my CC signature line. I did manage to convert the download to a .jpg file, but it still won't upload to webshots so I can do a link. Can anyone help me?

You can try a direct upload from the edit signature screen but you are limited to a file no bigger than 16.5kb. It's quite possibile the file you have is too big for webshots as well. You may need open it in Photoshop, or Photoshop Elements and then manually resize the file.

How do you do it? :confused:

Anyone have a four star logo can tell us computer inepts how?

I think we probably need a place to save images/photos. :o I haven't set up a place like that yet. All my photos are sitting on the memory sticks.

How do you do it? :confused:

Anyone have a four star logo can tell us computer inepts how?

I feel so smart (with the wise owl's help) now. Copy this, Sail

http://www.hollandamerica.com/images/4starMariner.gif

and add it to the beginning of your CC signature line by clicking on the Insert Image and pasting it into the popup box that shows up. Be sure to overwrite the http:// that is already in the box. No need to save it to another site - this links direct to the icon at HAL.

I feel so smart (with the wise owl's help) now. Copy this, Sail

http://www.hollandamerica.com/images/4starMariner.gif

and add it to the beginning of your CC signature line by clicking on the Insert Image and pasting it into the popup box that shows up. Be sure to overwrite the http:// that is already in the box. No need to save it to another site - this links direct to the icon at HAL.

Your directions are EXCELLENT. And if people aren't 4star they can just change the 4 to whatever their number is.

THANKS!

Your directions are EXCELLENT. And if people aren't 4star they can just change the 4 to whatever their number is.

THANKS!

Oops. I'd forgotten to click on Insert after my little 1star icon showed.

I think I've got it now.

Thank you so much, Donna......

If I insert the http: Will I lose my HAL Logo that I have used since I started posting here? Do I have to pick having my HAL logo or the four star or can I have both?

Thanks.

Actually, there is a kind soul here who is hosting for me to have my HAL logo because it wasn't published on the web from wherever I originally got it. (I think someone sent it to me in e-mail.)

If I insert the http: Will I lose my HAL Logo that I have used since I started posting here? Do I have to pick having my HAL logo or the four star or can I have both?

Thanks.

Actually, there is a kind soul here who is hosting for me to have my HAL logo because it wasn't published on the web from wherever I originally got it. (I think someone sent it to me in e-mail.)

When I inserted mine, it didn't delete anything. It was simply inserted before the signature I already had. I finally remembered to click SAVE.

I'd wondered why it didn't post. After upload I hadn't saved it.

Thanks.

No you won't lose anything. And you can place your "star" emblem wherever you like by placing your cursor there before you do the Insert image. (See mine.)

It was me that put the HAL logo onto a C.C. location for you when the HAL board was acting up for a few days and C.C. couldn't pick up the reference. IF the HAL site has similar problems in the future, your "star" emblem would likewise disappear for a while. :)

Edit: I should say you shouldn't lose anything. If you do, I'll notice and tell you how to put it back again! :)

Re-edit: I just noticed that people are doing this two different ways. Some are uploading an image to C.C., but some (like me) are doing the link to the HAL site image mentioned in post #10.

No you won't lose anything. And you can place your "star" emblem wherever you like by placing your cursor there before you do the Insert image. (See mine.)

It was me that put the HAL logo onto a C.C. location for you when the HAL board was acting up for a few days and C.C. couldn't pick up the reference. IF the HAL site has similar problems in the future, your "star" emblem would likewise disappear for a while. :)

Edit: I should say you shouldn't lose anything. If you do, I'll notice and tell you how to put it back again! :)

Re-edit: I just noticed that people are doing this two different ways. Some are uploading an image to C.C., but some (like me) are doing the link to the HAL site image mentioned in post #10.

Thank you, thank you, thank you...... :D

Yes, of course, I know it is you, John, that assisted me with the HAL Logo. I didn't want to name without your okay. :)

Thanks to you, I now have logo and stars. ;)

Yes, of course, I know it is you, John, ... I now have logo and stars. ;)
I see that you took the more complicated route of uploading the image to C.C. ... so yours won't go away if C.C. can't connect with hollandamerica as mine will. :)

Awww, I ended up having to be away from home all day and missed this fun. I'm so glad John stepped in and helped you all get your stars. Everyone knows he's much better at this stuff anyway - I was just encouraged because I actually managed to do something. :)

Awww, I ended up having to be away from home all day and missed this fun. I'm so glad John stepped in and helped you all get your stars. Everyone knows he's much better at this stuff anyway - I was just encouraged because I actually managed to do something. :)
:o I didn't do anything! You said it all perfectly in post #10!

Well, this was neat...I learned something new! And I was able to place my 'star' someplace more appropriate, I think.

Looks good, 'wldflr'.

Thanks for starting this thread, Donna.

It's fun everyone putting up their stars.

Archived