when to do Hawaii

Cinderose

we ve got a time share in Oahu..and the weather is warm yr. round..

though in the winter months the wave s get a bit higher on the beachs and the surfers come out in droves..

rain can be a problem since feb is the rainest season..yet the weather is usually on the mild to warm side..

http://www.mauidownhill.com/mauiweather.html

I vote for February. Sick of winter, so Hawaii is a great vacation. The baby whales born in December are 10,000# and playing with moms for you to enjoy watching. Great whale watching vessels in Lahaina to see them close up. The best is a blow up vessel that takes 10-15 people, not 100 in a big vessel out. So you get a very personal view.

If you are on Maui, the Royal Lahaina & the Marriot had the best Luau and you have to eat at one. Roast pig is a feast. We had a timeshare for 12 years at Embassy resorts. Bought for $17K sold for $13K.

What is the best time of year to do a cruise to Hawaii and why?

There is never a bad time to go to Hawaii in my opinion.

However, I would avoid all holidays. Prices go up on everything during Holidays in Hawaii. Especially Christmas.

I also like to get out of the cold weather so like to go when it is cold where I live.

We went over New Year's one year. Some rough seas and rainy weather. We were not allowed to dock at Kauai due to rough sea :(, and had a kayak excursion cancelled when at big island. Other days were otherwise good, and we did get some nice whale watching in Maui.

Archived