Dublin Tours and What to do in 1 day??

bjrose

We will be in Dublin this summer for 1 day. Please give us any names of private tour guides/services that you have found reliable. We know about the HoHo but would rather have a more personal smaller group with a knowledgable guide. Thank you.

BJRose;)

are you at all interested in music and poets of Ireland? If so check out www.dublinrocktour.ie It's an authentic American tour bus used by rock groups which has been imported to Dublin.

it's an hour tour around the streets of dublin with live guide and emphasis on the local rock musicians and posts eg Phil Lynott Oscar Wilde U2 etc.It cost 15 euro each last year and was great fun

• 2 weeks later...
We will be in Dublin this summer for 1 day. Please give us any names of private tour guides/services that you have found reliable. We know about the HoHo but would rather have a more personal smaller group with a knowledgable guide. Thank you.

BJRose;)

I would recommend Keiran of Tour Dublin for a days tour of Powerscourt, Glendalaugh and Avaca (excuse the spelling). Keiran has a degree in history and adds so much more than the typical guide. His website is www.tourdublin.ie or email to infor@tourdublin.ie

• 3 months later...

BJRose;)

We met Ronan of the Definitive Dublin Walking Tour :http://www.dublinwalkingtour.com/

Ronan took us on a very entertaining 2 hour walking tour. He is well versed and enthusiastic about the local literature, history, and music.

• 2 years later...

A recent visit to Dublin:

Our cruise line changed our itinerary, but Kieran of Tour Dublin was able to change his personal schedule and give us a fantastic tour of Dublin. He knew everything there was to know about Dublin and told it to us in such a way that all six of us were totally fascinated. He planned his schedule so there was almost no wait at Trinity College to see the Book of Kells and then no wait at Dublin Castle. He took us to an amazing restaurant which had been built in an old church. Between seeing all the scheduled stops, he showed us so much of Dublin and kept us mesmerized by his stories and historical facts. The visit to the Guinness factory capped off a wonderful day in Dublin. Our group ranged from 15 to 60 years of age, and we all decided that Kieran was the best tour guide we had while in the British Isles!!! :)

I have email Tour Dublin http://www.tourdublin.ie for a tour for next year.

Did you do a deposit, it shows that it is non refundable? His company is about the only one I have booked with that ask for a non refundable deposit, most are pay on the day of the tour.

How fast did he reply to you?

How big a coach did you have?

Did you do one of the tours offered on his site? Which tour?

I would recommend Keiran of Tour Dublin for a days tour of Powerscourt, Glendalaugh and Avaca (excuse the spelling). Keiran has a degree in history and adds so much more than the typical guide. His website is www.tourdublin.ie or email to infor@tourdublin.ie

A recent visit to Dublin:

Our cruise line changed our itinerary' date=' but Kieran of Tour Dublin was able to change his personal schedule and give us a fantastic tour of Dublin. He knew everything there was to know about Dublin and told it to us in such a way that all six of us were totally fascinated. He planned his schedule so there was almost no wait at Trinity College to see the Book of Kells and then no wait at Dublin Castle. He took us to an amazing restaurant which had been built in an old church. Between seeing all the scheduled stops, he showed us so much of Dublin and kept us mesmerized by his stories and historical facts. The visit to the Guinness factory capped off a wonderful day in Dublin. Our group ranged from 15 to 60 years of age, and we all decided that Kieran was the best tour guide we had while in the British Isles!!! :)[/quote']

I am having trouble contacting http://www.tourdublin.ie Tour Dublin for a planned tour for next year. I have emailed them twice with the email address info@tourdublin.ie from their site.

I have asked someone from Dublin on the British Isles thread to see if they are still there. A person has come back that there is no company name in the Dublin's phone directoyr or the name Kieran Cathcart (from their site) is not listed. The phone number listed +353 863551449 is a mobile one.

What email address did you use?

What tour did take?

Any information on this company would be helpful.

Hello there. This post was brought to my attention by one of our clients. I do not know why you have not been able to contact us at info@tourdublin.ie. You can try the contact forms on the website http://www.tourdublin.ie or you could try tourdublin@gmail.com. I have checked our Spam filters but there is nothing there either. Or you can contact us on the phone number you have after 18.00 Irish time from Monday as there will be no one in the office until then as we are all away on tours. Or you can leave a message on the phone and we can ring you back at a time convenient to you.

Thank you

Kieran

Archived