Cambria Suites

DRW

I haven't stayed at this one (since it sounds like it hasn't opened yet), but I have stayed at other Cambria's. They are very nice, modern hotels. I believe they're all very similar -- large, suite type rooms. Flat screen TV in both bedroom & living area. Microwave & refrigerator in all rooms. I'd definitely recommend it!

• 11 months later...

Bringing this post back to the surface as some time has elapsed since it's opening. We will be cruising to Panama Canal in January and looking for info on how courtesy transportation is/was from airport to hotel/return and hotel to port/return? Has anyone tried the two bedroom, 2 king bed suite? I understand there is a breakfast buffet for $8 rather than a courtesy continental, how was that? They serve dinner as well because I guess there's no eating places close. Any information will be welcome.

Aloha Me

We stayed at the Cambria Suites last March shortly after they opened. We did not fly so did not use the airport shuttle. We drove down from SC so used their park/cruise package and were very pleased. We had a one bedroom suite and also left the car parked in their lot for 10 days without any problem. The hotel was very nice and clean and the staff polite and helpful.

They do have a breakfast buffet for $8 p/p but again because we had the car just drove over to McDonalds. There is a good size mall with a K-Mart and several resturants (including McDonald's) a little less than a mile from the hotel. It is walkable, but is on a heavily traveled 4-6 lane highway. I did see several people walking and crossing the highway with the lights.

We did use the shuttle to and from the ship. The driver was very nice and helpful, but be sure to sign up for the time you want to leave for the ship as soon as you arrive at the hotel as the early times go quickly.

If you have any questions, I will be happy to try and answer them.

Carol

We also stayed Feb. 2009, when we called to be picked up at the airport they told us it would be awhile, we decided to take a cab, it was around $20.00 if I remember correctly. We signed up for the shuttle and there was a bit of confusion and lots of people waiting but it was working. It is also not very far to the cruiseport. We walked over to Kmart for wine. We did eat dinner there and breakfast it was ok. this year planning to stay again in Feb. but we are driving down.

Archived