Sapphire Steak House question

Murphey

We are leaving tomorrow for the Sapphire....I understand the Steak House is in the back of the Horizon Court. I would appreciate any comments as to whether people have had a good experience, or do you feel like you are "in the back of the Horzon Court". I hope I explained what I'm asking :confused:

Thank you...

We are leaving tomorrow for the Sapphire....I understand the Steak House is in the back of the Horizon Court. I would appreciate any comments as to whether people have had a good experience, or do you feel like you are "in the back of the Horzon Court". I hope I explained what I'm asking :confused:

Thank you...

We were on the Sapphire in October. The Steakhouse is a "fixed" up section of the Horizon Court. It is separate and has one wall of windows. The tables along the window are the ones to get,

They do a nice job with tablecloths, flowers, etc. but you know that you are in a dressed up cafeteria. Apparently (we were told) the steakhouse used to be in a dedicated dining room (the Savoy I believe). That said the meal was fine and service very good. It is a nice change of pace. I do think the setting detracts from the exprience and we enjoyed the steakouse dining on the Golden more primarily because of the better ambiance.

We ate at the Sterling Steakhouse on the Sapphire about 18 months ago. Yes, it was in the back of the Horizon Food Court on the starboard side of the ship which, on our cruise, had that side of the Horizon Food Court closed for dinner.

It was the same delicious food and great service as we had on the Golden less than a year earlier. In fact, I liked sitting by the window on the Sapphire, which we were not able to do on the Golden. They do their best to "hide" the fact you are sitting in the cafeteria; just use a bit of your imagination and focus on the your dining mates, the food and the great ocean view!

Archived