Balconies

cruisin4fun323

I think this is not allowed but do not remember the reason. The room steward is the one that opens the doors so am sure they could be "talked" into opening the doors with the proper tip.

However, on some ships this is not possible. On some ships, on some decks, this can not happen because of physical limitations.

If you want a balcony the almighty would be proud of, on many Carnival ships, book the aft-wraps and adjourning cabins. You can jog for miles on your own private balcony

MexicoBob

I have seen three opened together on Spirit class, and I have had two on Spirit.

I think each class has different rules. I can tell you on Spirit the dividers fold out to the railing, and they will only open a certain number per sailing, so no, tipping the steward will do you no good. You need to go to the purser's desk on day 1 with a member of each room to sign a form to request the partitions opened. I don't see any reason why 4 couldn't be opened as long as they are in a straight line.

Our experience has been that a representative from each cabin must go to the pursers desk to make the request. Some dividers between cabins are stationary and can't be opened. On spirit class ships they must be clamped to the railing. On the conquest class ships they do not.

From our Legend cruise

2950381990064948802S600x600Q85.jpg

Maintenance moving and locking the divider to the rail

2399457940064948802S600x600Q85.jpg

From the Glory

2938702210064948802S600x600Q85.jpg

2069392420064948802S600x600Q85.jpg

Does anyone know if we can have the doors of 4 balconies opened so we can be 1 big balcony? Has anyone done this?

As long as the dividers can be opened and a representative from each cabin goes together to the Pursars desk I don't see why they wouldn't. I haven't had it done but have witnessed it on the triumph.

canada.jpg.0356a645a49325a81d7ee20ec9432b51.jpg

On the Valor last year, we had 4 cabins together on the Panorama deck and could not have more than two open together. If we had opened the other one, it would have blocked our cabin door and we would not have been able to get in or out of our cabin (unless we were to go through someone else's cabin and back in through the hall entrance). I don't know if that is on all decks or just on Panorama. We just had two together and stuck our heads around the dividers to talk to the other two cabins with us....

I've had the same situation as the above post (door blocks cabin door), but was able to get around it. If you are reasonable sized (not too short or heavy in the arms/wrists), you should be able to reach the catch and open the divider. Yes, it is a hassle to have to do this every time you want to go in or out, but it can be done.

this was on Conquest class ships, Conquest & Valor.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived