Best Route for SYD to YYZ

canadiansnowbird

I have a question for any that have flown the above route.

We have chosen to book Princess air for our Toronto to San Francisco and return from Sydney for our 30 day cruise to Sydney, Au. Because of the cost of the split air fares that I have seen, I am hesitant to book on our own.

I am a little nervous about the routes that they (Princess) will give us on the return flight SYD - YYZ and want to prepare for an air deviation, should I need one.

Should we break up the flight and stay a day over somewhere?

Is there a flight that someone else has taken that was comfortable?

I should say that these will be economy seats!!!

Thanks for any help

Snowbird

I cannot speak to Toronto-Sydney but I can speak to Western Canada-Sydney via SFO. We stop in Hawaii on the way down. It really breaks up the flight. Sydney-SFO is a long, long flight...especially in economy. If we were doing it tomorrow, we would do a stopover in the Pacific.

I cannot speak to Toronto-Sydney but I can speak to Western Canada-Sydney via SFO. We stop in Hawaii on the way down. It really breaks up the flight. Sydney-SFO is a long, long flight...especially in economy. If we were doing it tomorrow, we would do a stopover in the Pacific.

Have flown from Halifax to Sydney and it is a heck of a long trip. We did, Hfx, Toronto, Vancouver, Hawaii, Sydney. It was 32 hours door to door with very tight connections. We were not retired then so we did not take the extra time for stop overs. I think if I was to do it again we would, maybe Hawaii for 2 nights. Believe me though it is worth the trip! Enjoy!

Archived