Mariner's Embarkation Brunch/Lunch

sail7seas

For those who have sailed on ships which began the new Mariner's Program, what is the menu like for Embarkation Lunch? A usual lunch menu like most days during the cruise or something more limited? Few choices? Was it littered looking having everyone's carryon bags laying around the tables?

Thanks.

Maasdam, 10/10/09. Embarkation lunch was nothing special. Previously posted that MDR was open but kitchen not ready for service. Had to order from Lido Menu at 12:15 PM and was informed at 12:45 PM that kitchen was ready in MDR and now we could order from MDR menu. Only 8 people served for lunch on 10/10/09 in MDR

We enjoyed the "Mariner's Welcome Aboard Lunch" last week on the Eurodam. Although no one asked or checked to see if anyone attending was actually a Mariner!

There was a full lunch menu available, we boarded at 11:40, stopped by the Front Desk and were in the Rembrant Dinning room before noon.

I recall DW had a shrimp cocktail appetizer and I had a "salumi" appetizer. They had several soup and salad selections, for an Entree I had a Fettuccini Alfredo with grilled chicken, DW had a Large salad with grilled chicken, Mangos and crazins, there was also a beef offering and a "Unicorn" fish. Dessert choices were a stawberry shortcake, fruit tartlette, chocolate cheesecake and ice Cream.

IMHO, it was far better than dealing with the rush in the Lido area.

We had a lovely lunch in the Statendam dining room on October 16, an embarkation day.

The menu was just the sort you would find on a day the cruise is in progress. That is to say it was varied and had many tasty choices. For example, there was a beautiful salad with cashews, chicken, and diced mango.

We popped up to the Neptune first to leave our carryons, but we could have easily placed them nearby. The dining room was uncrowded and quiet.

Let me go on record here. The new Mariner program is a hit with me. The Statendam is a new favorite.

We enjoyed the "Mariner's Welcome Aboard Lunch" last week on the Eurodam. Although no one asked or checked to see if anyone attending was actually a Mariner!

There was a full lunch menu available, we boarded at 11:40, stopped by the Front Desk and were in the Rembrant Dinning room before noon.

I recall DW had a shrimp cocktail appetizer and I had a "salumi" appetizer. They had several soup and salad selections, for an Entree I had a Fettuccini Alfredo with grilled chicken, DW had a Large salad with grilled chicken, Mangos and crazins, there was also a beef offering and a "Unicorn" fish. Dessert choices were a stawberry shortcake, fruit tartlette, chocolate cheesecake and ice Cream.

IMHO, it was far better than dealing with the rush in the Lido area.

Thank you. I was worried it would all be high fat/creamy choices. Happy to hear they have salads. Sounds delicious.

There was no welcome aboard brunch on the Zaandam on the 23rd of October. It least we don't think so - we weren't invited to one and we went through the dinning room to look at our assigned table. We didn't see anyone eating in there.

It seems very hit or miss.

Archived