Help with room choice? thank you...first time cruiser 14-day nj to south caribb

tantrumxp

im sailing dec 20th to jan 3rd...i might as well go all out on my first cruise =) um, ONE LAST QUESTION...its the balconys on the ship all closed? like all you see is glass? no open air??

There is an open part, above the plexiglass or steel (depending on the ship) at about waist high. Not sure what Explorer has, but I think it's steel. You'll be able to stick you head out and breathe fresh air.:D

i think there is something wrong with my TA...she gives me only 6616 and 6618 and thats it for the humps...

The RCI website only shows a few of each category. The TA has to call up and find out what is available, RCI guards availability. The two she is quoting are center hump(6618) and the next one. Take 6618, direct center.

More complete info comes from Europe, and you can't book thru them, not that we can talk about the site name.

We have 6622 on our TA next week on the Navigator, near twin to the Explorer.

Just don't get an ajoining cabin, because we had one our last trip on Exployer and we couldn't keep our balcony door open because it whistled so badley thru the adjoing door, it sounded like someone was sawing, we did not know the other people in that room, they did not have a balcony cabin, ours was the 1st port side forward cabin with balcony, so as a courtsey, we slept with the balcony door shut, would have liked to have it opened since we were docked for 2 days in Bermuda. So check out the cabin layout on the RCCL web site before booking.

• 2 weeks later...

I DID IT...i booked a 14day cruise!!! woohoo...i got room 6618 as well...now on to the questions!

did you all book excursions when u got to the port of destination? or did you book it online with RCCL? OR did u just go through the forum and do your own thing?

Rough seas in dec? i heard that there is rough seas going down to carribeans in dec, what are good meds to take? i know Dramamine is one, anything better i can rx? i need to load up for it is our first cruise.

soda and wine package? whats the deal with that? worth it to get? bottled water and liquior not included?

i did get the birthday package where they put balloons and stuff in the room and i ordered a cake for my gf as well for the 30th of dec. im assuming its for the MDR. do i have to celebrate it with like 4-6 other people or can i have my own table that day to celebrate?

ok thats all i have for now. thanks!!!

Hi! We are on your cruise. Come on over to the roll call and introduce yourself. You'll find tons of information over there and we'll be glad to answer any of your questions. You got a great cabin. We have a great group going on this cruise, so come on over and play!

I DID IT...i booked a 14day cruise!!! woohoo...i got room 6618 as well...now on to the questions!

did you all book excursions when u got to the port of destination? or did you book it online with RCCL? OR did u just go through the forum and do your own thing?

Rough seas in dec? i heard that there is rough seas going down to carribeans in dec, what are good meds to take? i know Dramamine is one, anything better i can rx? i need to load up for it is our first cruise.

soda and wine package? whats the deal with that? worth it to get? bottled water and liquior not included?

i did get the birthday package where they put balloons and stuff in the room and i ordered a cake for my gf as well for the 30th of dec. im assuming its for the MDR. do i have to celebrate it with like 4-6 other people or can i have my own table that day to celebrate?

ok thats all i have for now. thanks!!!

Good cabin choice. Since it is your first cruise you may feel more comfortable booking tours with the ship although they are more expensive. Read up on different ports of call (here on CC) and you will get ideas.

I take Bonine (Meclazine) every night starting the night before the cruise starts. It does not make me drowsy or have any effect on me if I have a cocktail.

I'm not a big soda drinker but I do bring a 12-pack of soda and water. Just put a luggage tag on it and leave it with the porter to be delivered to your cabin.

Have a great first cruise!

Good cabin choice. Since it is your first cruise you may feel more comfortable booking tours with the ship although they are more expensive. Read up on different ports of call (here on CC) and you will get ideas.

I take Bonine (Meclazine) every night starting the night before the cruise starts. It does not make me drowsy or have any effect on me if I have a cocktail.

I'm not a big soda drinker but I do bring a 12-pack of soda and water. Just put a luggage tag on it and leave it with the porter to be delivered to your cabin.

Have a great first cruise!

we can bring our own waters? for real??? thats awesome!!!!

so i can just bring like a 24 pack of poland spring, pop a tag on it and poof its in my room?

do they have a fridge?

I have never been denied checking my drinks with a porter. Yes there is a fridge. There will be snacks and drinks in it (for purchase). Just ask the steward to remove that stuff and put your own in it. It doesn't get things real cold though. We usually bring a soft sided collapsible cooler and have the steward keep it filled with ice. The cooler will sweat so either put it on a towel or keep it in the bathroom.:D

Archived