Bergen Norway

Bergen is very easy to do on your own. The central area is by the water where the fishermen dock their boats and sell their catch. Vendors sell flowers, t-shirts and food... wonderful food. When we were there, we bought crab and shrimp and the most delicious strawberries. We sat nearby, with the locals and other passengers from the ship, and ate lunch. Then we walked around the old town area... very do-able. Enjoy!

Sandy

Yes, I agree, on the Constellation in 02 we were docked in a very nice place, could sit on the ship and enjoy the view of the old town from there too, once you were back. They have restaurants in town along the waterfront that serve whale too! Found the weather on that cruise to be a bit cool, so if you are on the deck of the Constellation, you'll find beautiful Scottish wool blankets to cozy-up with (I wish I'd bought one while in Scottland!) and you can look out at from there.

Laura

Bergen is definitely a town to do on your own. Most people on our cruise took the shuttlebus from the port to the center of town. It could be walked, but it would take away from the amount of time you have in town. This picture is taken from the mountain that you go up to on the funicular. As you can see it is a pretty good distance away.

JB%20Jewel.JPG

Walking around the lovely town along with the market will use up all the time you have.

JB%20Bry%201.JPG

Have a wonderful time.

Archived