Refundable v. Non-refundable OBC

I booked this cruise way over a year ago, so I get to stack discounts and OBC offers. I assume the book onboard OBC ($200) is non-refundable, but we also have a "price drop after final payment" OBC ($220). My question is, will they apply our on board charges to the non-refundable portion first so that we will get some refund if we don't spend the full $420?

Thanks.

Oh, we also applied a C&A discount certificate and the Platinum balcony discount on this. I like the old days!

I booked this cruise way over a year ago, so I get to stack discounts and OBC offers. I assume the book onboard OBC ($200) is non-refundable, but we also have a "price drop after final payment" OBC ($220). My question is, will they apply our on board charges to the non-refundable portion first so that we will get some refund if we don't spend the full $420?

Thanks.

Oh, we also applied a C&A discount certificate and the Platinum balcony discount on this. I like the old days!

It is my understanding that the non-refundable OBC is used up first, leaving you with a refundable portion. I'm getting this from other threads, not from experience. In general, nonrefundable OBC is "gifts" from RC, like shareholder OBC, while refundable OBC is from things you actually paid, like money back from a price drop occuring after you are paid in full.

I can't see any way that you won't spend $420 on the cruise...They will apply the refundable OBC first...and if you don't spend the "unrefundable" amount, you will lose it...that's how they boost their bottom line!

So, SPEND your OBC! All of it!

I can't see any way that you won't spend $420 on the cruise...They will apply the refundable OBC first...and if you don't spend the "unrefundable" amount, you will lose it...that's how they boost their bottom line!

So, SPEND your OBC! All of it!

Part of your statement is correct...........if you don't spend non-refundable OBC you will lose it. Non-refundable OBC is used first.

Refundable OBC can be withdrawn at any time from Guest Relations with no problem.

Archived