Atlantis - RCI/RCCL Mariner of the Seas - October 17, 2010 (10/17/2010)

SoBayJake

Hi Tim and Rob!

My cabinmate Hobie and I were at Ellington's Lounge last Monday as well at 11AM and hang around there for a good 15 minutes or so, hoping we'd see any of you guys.

Quite disappointed about how the M&M didn't materialize. Met COMBOY (Jim) by chance while in one of the smoking areas and he told us he even made door signs for everyone.

Glad to know you liked the Atlantis experience. Are you changing your name to ukAtlantisfans now? :p I agree on all your statements about the friendly guys, the great parties and costumes, the nice ports, not to mention the fun shows, from Charo to Miss Richfield!

It felt great to be in that floating community of brotherhood called Atlantis!!!

Time to do 2 suitcases of laundry now. :mad:

I need a withdrawal support group for this........:(

-Ray

Hi Rey...yes, it was quite disappointing that RCCL didn't schedule a CC party. I was going to speak to the cruise director, Keiron, and find out the situation. I was there at 11AM and sat around hoping someone would come and although there were people sitting around Ellington had no idea who was or wasn't a CC member. Oh well. There's so many parties and things to do it's simply impossible to do everything. It was great to meet CCer's Rey & Hobie. I really had a good time. Couldn't have asked for a better cruise. Until next time...I sign off. Regards, Jim

Hi Tim and Rob!

My cabinmate Hobie and I were at Ellington's Lounge last Monday as well at 11AM and hang around there for a good 15 minutes or so, hoping we'd see any of you guys.

hey ray!

to be honest we were a little late arriving at Ellington's due to a rather crazy first night's partying so we may not have seen you... those avatars don't give much away either do they... maybe we could have a flickr album of posters' pics next time?!

Glad to know you liked the Atlantis experience. Are you changing your name to ukAtlantisfans now? :p I agree on all your statements about the friendly guys, the great parties and costumes, the nice ports, not to mention the fun shows, from Charo to Miss Richfield!

-Ray

yes, we totally should change our name! :D or at least 'retire' this name til we're older and greyer! :)

we didn't make many of the shows. missed Charo, Courtney and Miss Richfield. the other half doesn't like sitting still for more than 15 minutes! :( they all sounded amazing... particularly the latter 2

good luck with the washing! you'll probably have yours done before we even head back to the UK, tomorrow! ... think of me doing ours after 11 hours of jet-lag!

tim n rob x

Hey Guys.... I have to honestly say I slept straight through the 11:00 hour. I had been up for 36 hrs. when I went to change for the Underwear party. I didn't make it to the party either. I just sat down for a minute, and I woke up after lunch on Monday. I needed the rest because I sure didn't get any the rest of the week. I had a blast on the cruise and am so thankful to you guys for helping decide to go. I can't wait till the next one!!!

hey ray!

to be honest we were a little late arriving at Ellington's due to a rather crazy first night's partying so we may not have seen you... those avatars don't give much away either do they... maybe we could have a flickr album of posters' pics next time?!

yes, we totally should change our name! :D or at least 'retire' this name til we're older and greyer! :)

we didn't make many of the shows. missed Charo, Courtney and Miss Richfield. the other half doesn't like sitting still for more than 15 minutes! :( they all sounded amazing... particularly the latter 2

good luck with the washing! you'll probably have yours done before we even head back to the UK, tomorrow! ... think of me doing ours after 11 hours of jet-lag!

tim n rob x

Hi again Tim and Rob,

Yeah, a Flickr album of posters is a good idea, and maybe even exchange cabin numbers so we'll have some means to communicate with each other.

Just remember, you don't have to see all the shows, nor participate in all the activities. What's important is that WE ALL HAD FUN!

Can't blame you if you become "addicted" to crusing with Atlantis. I'm already considering my next one!

Don't worry about doing the laundry right away. I'm sure the cold UK weather will help "preserve" them for a while! :D

Take care and have a safe trip guys!

-Ray

Welcome back! I heard that Atlantis ended up signing up another ship for a Mexican cruise next year, do any of you know the dates or the ship?

Yes, Holland America's Oosterdam roundtrip from San Deigo (Oct 15-22) to Cabo, Mazatlan, & Puerto Vallarta. It was available for sale onboard the Mariner to currently booked passengers only. It hasn't gone on sale to the general public yet; however, you could call Atlantis and get further details.

• 4 weeks later...

In case anyone is still reading or is subscribed to this thread... After returning from the cruise, I sent an email to RCI about our CruiseCritic Meet & Greet that never happened (along with my accolades for the staff and the experience). I (finally) received a reply. (Communications textbooks could probably use the following in their "Form Letters" chapter...)

Dear Mr. LaMonaca:

Thank you for the e-mail regarding your Mariner of the Seas sailing.

While we are pleased you chose to sail with us and seem to have had an overall enjoyable cruise vacation, it does concern us that certain aspects of the sailing reflected poorly on your vacation. As a Crown & Anchor Platinum member we especially value your patronage and appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns. We have built a foundation on the premise of customer service excellence and apologize for any inconveniences you encountered during this sailing.

We are always anxious to learn when groups, such as those meeting up through CruiseCritic, are not recognized to the extent expected. The failure of our staff to provide a greater amount of service to ensure the Meet & Greet for your group does not reflect our appreciation for this group and its members in their patronage of Royal Caribbean International. We can only speculate that a breakdown in the shipboard communications lead to this unintentional oversight. Your comments will be brought to the attention of the appropriate management personnel onboard the ship so that future occurrences can be avoided. We are very sorry that you were unable to enjoy this anticipated gathering during your sailing.

Thank you, Mr. LaMonaca, for bringing these matters to our attention. We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back onboard one of our ships in the near future.

Sincerely,

Mike Willis

Corporate Guest Relations

- Mike :-)

In case anyone is still reading or is subscribed to this thread... After returning from the cruise, I sent an email to RCI about our CruiseCritic Meet & Greet that never happened (along with my accolades for the staff and the experience). I (finally) received a reply. (Communications textbooks could probably use the following in their "Form Letters" chapter...)

Dear Mr. LaMonaca:

While we are pleased you chose to sail with us and seem to have had an overall enjoyable cruise vacation, it does concern us that certain aspects of the sailing reflected poorly on your vacation. As a Crown & Anchor Platinum member we especially value your patronage and appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns. We have built a foundation on the premise of customer service excellence and apologize for any inconveniences you encountered during this sailing.

We are always anxious to learn when groups, such as those meeting up through CruiseCritic, are not recognized to the extent expected. The failure of our staff to provide a greater amount of service to ensure the Meet & Greet for your group does not reflect our appreciation for this group and its members in their patronage of Royal Caribbean International. We can only speculate that a breakdown in the shipboard communications lead to this unintentional oversight. Your comments will be brought to the attention of the appropriate management personnel onboard the ship so that future occurrences can be avoided. We are very sorry that you were unable to enjoy this anticipated gathering during your sailing.

Thank you, Mr. LaMonaca, for bringing these matters to our attention. We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back onboard one of our ships in the near future.

Sincerely,

Mike Willis

Thanks for following this up Mike, even if RCI took this long to come up with this "form letter". All because of a "breakdown in communication"??? Ahhhh, crap. They're beginning to sound like Atlantis, LOL.

Dear Mr. LaMonaca:

Sincerely,

Mike Willis

Thanks Mike for the update. Huhhh..break down of ship board communications?? I don't know the process on how the CC meetings are organized so I can't say for sure if that was the situation or not. The fact was our party was not updated on RCCL's meet and greet board shows that break down at the corporate level. Once you get the 25 some one at the corporate level contacts the ship to coordinate the CC party, then the website is updated with the location of the party or a email is sent out to inform that charters do NOT qualify for the CC meet and greet. Somehow a charter threw a wrench in the process and over road that process and it's possible that since we didn't get the 25 until the last minute may have been a factor. I think corporate is trying to blame the ship for the mix up. However I emailed RCCL meet and great dept to verify if charters qualified and I never got a response. That should have been a tip off. Next time I will see the cruise director directly with paper work in hand qualifying for the CC meet and greet to ensure it gets done. Yes, I'm pissed off at poor customer service. Jim

Archived