Amenities in Royal or Penthouse Suite

maryella

Other than the complimentary bottle of champagne in these suites do they offer any other drinks for free like bottled water, wine or soda?

Are there any other perks besides the ones listed on the site like priority disembarkation at ports? Thanks!

Some here have said that they've received two bottles of booze in the PH, but we've been in the PH for at least 10 cruises and in the RS for at least 5, and never received free alcohol. No, you don't get free bottled water or soda. Our butler kept the refrigerator filled with the soda we liked, but we always had to sign a bill for the cans.

Way back when, we got not 1, not 2 but 6 bottles on our first TA on Granduer of the Seas (RCCL) in that Ship's equivalent of a PH (if it has a piano it wins).

After that we did get two bottles on Summit when Summit was very new in a PH. I'm certain that was at least 10 years ago. Back when they still had Social Hostesses if anyone can remember them.

Yes the sodas/water were free (as mixers ;)).

Since then we haven't done the same equivalent suite but have talked to others and that is out. NCL reinstated two free bottles but we'd rather not sail on them again (believe me, you lose since they charge for everything else).

Whilst it was 2007 when we last sailed in a PH Suite, we were asked what spirits we would like in the suite and the 2 bottles were promptly provided at no charge.

We explained to our butler that either of us have hot drinks, he therefore provided bottles of water and soda free of charge, which were duly replaced throughout the cruise. We were however told that if we used any of the cans in the fridge, they would have to be charged.

However, if the above has now changed, it would not detract at all from the PH Suite experience. The balcony alone makes it worthwhile, in fact I don't think we even once ventured up to the pool area as we had such a vast amount of outdoor living space.

Personally, we find that the PH Suite actually represents better value for money than a Royal Suite.

Whilst it was 2007 when we last sailed in a PH Suite, we were asked what spirits we would like in the suite and the 2 bottles were promptly provided at no charge.

We explained to our butler that either of us have hot drinks, he therefore provided bottles of water and soda free of charge, which were duly replaced throughout the cruise. We were however told that if we used any of the cans in the fridge, they would have to be charged.

However, if the above has now changed, it would not detract at all from the PH Suite experience. The balcony alone makes it worthwhile, in fact I don't think we even once ventured up to the pool area as we had such a vast amount of outdoor living space.

Personally, we find that the PH Suite actually represents better value for money than a Royal Suite.

I would have to respectably disagree. Unless you are traveling with a large group (extended family probably) all that space goes to waste - at least for us. On the single occasion we had a PH we did do some entertaining but otherwise it was just space (and I found it kind of dark/dim). Yes, the balconey (at least on M class) is classic. Probably the only time I've used a treadmill on a ship :D. Also, the frig in the butler pantry was welcome as was all of the stemware.

We've switched to RS's after that. Decent balcony, still have sitdown dining area, still get attentive butler service. Enough room to still do some entertainment. And at a price about 1/2 the cost of a PH.

Just my opinion. Some will probably say why are either of you discussing this: I'll take an inside every time :D.

Archived