First Time Carnival Cruiser, From Princess...

JessInNY

Hello!

I am sailing on Carnival for the first time this November - Western out of Ft. Lauderdale. I'm hoping for lots of fun!!! Being new to this cruise line, I have a few questions, any help is much appreciated. Thank you!:

1. Can you bring on a bottle of wine, rum at initial boarding? Or, do they confiscate liquor at boarding?;

2. Aft Deck, Empress (is that Floor 6) - extended balcony room, is there a full tub, or just a shower? Good location?

Thank you very much for any info you can provide - everyone is so helpful on this site!

Have a nice evening.

Jess

I think you are going to find it very similar to Princess. (Carnival owns Princess)

Same rules as Princes, one 750 ml bottle of wine is allowed per adult.

Same as on Princess, only suites have tubs, so you will have a shower.

One difference is Carnival usually gives you a couple of samples in the bathroom. These vary, usually a razor which is a nice one.

Hello!

I am sailing on Carnival for the first time this November - Western out of Ft. Lauderdale. I'm hoping for lots of fun!!! Being new to this cruise line, I have a few questions, any help is much appreciated. Thank you!:

1. Can you bring on a bottle of wine, rum at initial boarding? Or, do they confiscate liquor at boarding?;

2. Aft Deck, Empress (is that Floor 6) - extended balcony room, is there a full tub, or just a shower? Good location?

Thank you very much for any info you can provide - everyone is so helpful on this site!

Have a nice evening.

Jess

Welcome to Carnival! Not sure which ship you're on, but to answer your questions, each adult can carry on one bottle of wine, no liquor (many smuggle it in their checked luggage tho). You can also order it from the Bon Voyage department and it will be waiting for you in your cabin when you board. All regular cabins (non-suites) have just showers, no tubs, can't comment on the location since you didn't say the ship, but if there are cabins above and below you (not a noisy lounge, etc), the cabin should be fine.

We sail both lines, I'm more a Princess cruiser my DH likes Carnival. :) I like Princess food a bit better, LOVED the pastry/sandwich place on the Emerald. As for me getting a donut each morning on a Cruise ship was a real treat and the chicken salad quickly became my lunch favorite. :D Princess is a bit more refined and has more nice quiet places to just relax and enjoy life at sea. Carnivals cabins are larger. We find Carnivals pizza to be better most of the time. Hot Dog & Hamburg from room service, Princess-yes, Carnival-no. We sail Carnival for the value as a Cruise is our favorite vacation and we've always been treated well on their ships. You may find both big and small differences depending on your outlook and tastes. But I'm thinking you'll have a great Cruise and will sail Carnival again! Happy sailing!

I was on the Princess Star, and 2 Carnival ships. Princess Star and the Carnival Glory are very comparable. The buffet on the Princess is more all night (although limited) , but doesn't have all night room service while the Carnival does. The rooms on the Carnival, including bathroom size is larger. Service on both ships is excellent, the food on both ships was excellent. The Fantasy was a slightly smaller ship, and not quite as good as the other ships but still quite excellent. The entertainment is good, some will fit you some won't, depending on your tastes, but I found on the most part it was entertaining and well done.... But generally if you liked the Princess.. chances are you will like the Carnival, a little lighter more fun type cruise while Princess is a little more elegant. But service, entertainment, food is just as good, and the rooms are larger.

We have been on both Carnival and Princess. We enjoyed the shows and entertainment more on the Carnival ships, and our bed was more comfortable. We found the Princess ship was much quieter, cleaner, relaxing. I loved the soaps, shampoos, etc. on the Princess ship - on the Carnival ship you get more like a sample, or in a container mounted on the shower wall.

Hello!

Have a nice evening.

Jess

HHHHHEEEEELLLLLLLLLLOOOOO JessInNY: Welcome to Carnival. This is your first cruise on Carnival. I have had mostly good experiences on Carnival Cruise Line. The Empress Deck, aft, that is the seventh deck toward the back part of the ship. It is a good place to be. You will be just two decks below the Lido Deck. Makes it easier to get a coffee, ice tea, or juice.

You will have fun on Carnival. They are called the Fun Ships for a reason. Have fun, after all, you are on vacation.

Archived