Arcade and Pastry/Coffee shop prices?

MamaParrotHead

Can someone give me a rough idea of the arcade prices, and also the menu/prices for the coffee shops onboard? I budgeted for drinks for DH and I, and it just occured to me I need to figure in my kids' sweet teeth and occasional love of a video game fix here and there.

Thanks!

We were on the Legend in Feb, and my daughter bought herself a pastry and I remember it being around $4.50 or so. My son visited the arcade frequently, which took "tokens." It didn't seem like it was too overly expensive, I can't remember the specifics, but he had an "allowance" of $30 to spend on the arcade, it lasted him all week.

Another thing you may want to factor in, is the Formality's shop they were selling candy (gummy candies, etc) by the pound my kids spent about $8 each (total) to buy a very large bag of sugary, candy that lasted them a few nights.

Hope this helps!

We each got a cup of coffee and and shared a slice ofcake on our first day out on the Sensation, and realized as I sat down to dinner that that had been a mistake.:eek: I think for the 2 coffees and one slice of cake it was more than 15.00 bucks ,that good old gratuity! What did I learn? It's free on the lido buffet, and don't eat when I'm not hungry! Have fun! Happy sailings!

Tokens are four for $1 and you can buy in multiples of $5 - you use your sail and sign card at a machine in the arcade. Most games seem to come in at the $1 to 1.25 range, but there are a few that are less, like the one where you try to move a ball up a series of slopes without it falling off.

One other idea for your kids' sweet tooth - bring them to tea on sea days. We brought our youngest son (9) to tea with us (Camp Carnival had just closed) and at first he really wasn't crazy about the idea - but when he saw strawberries and chocolate cake, he changed his tune! Now he looks forward to tea.

My husband has a sweet tooth so I bring some zip lock baggies. When we go to breakfast or lunch I bring a couple cookies or pastries back, put it in a baggie and he always has a snack in the cabin. Then there is room service for fruit, cake etc. if you get the munchies. It's free so why not use it.

Is tea offered everyday?

Not the days you're in port - just the sea days. It's usually around 3:30 in the afternoon in one of the lounges. Along with tea, there's cakes/pastries (the scones are wonderful:)) as well as finger sandwiches.

While I don't recall the exact prices of the arcade games, I do remember that they were comparable to arcades at home (Chuck E Cheese, Dave & Busters, etc). I know we gave my son a $10 limit per day, he did pretty well with that.

As for the coffee shop, I seem to recall that the prices were comparable to Starbucks. Though, I don't drink coffee so maybe I'm wrong there.

Send the kids to the Lido for sweets, however, the pastries at the coffee shop were $2.25 a slice/ piece last week. The pieces are definitely big enough to share. The only thing we get from here are the chocolate covered strawberries (3/ $3.50, 5/ $4). If they offered those on the buffet, I'd eat there always! The video games were a rip-off, all the games were $1.25 to play, and the air hockey tables were in terrible shape, the puck wouldn't even slide, but the paddles were going everywhere when you took your hand off them. Tell the kids to go to Camp and play the vidoe games there. Or better yet, tell them they can play all the games they want, on their money! We're taking our nieces and told them there is an arcade, but if they want to play, they pay.

I plan on budgeting for a few splurges on video games or a treat in the afternoons for them here and/or there...we only vacation once a year, cruise only once every other year. We save by cutting corners at home, as a family, in our every day life, so we don't have to pinch pennies on vacation. As adults, we indulge in things like souvenirs and the foo-foo drink here or there, I don't see any difference between that and a piece of cheesecake to share or family fun in the arcade.

My kids spent $400 in the arcade one cruise. Yikes! Never again. Now I limit them but the last time we sailed the games were about a dollar and now I hear 1.25. But my kids are old enough for Circle C where there are video games. Whew!

Can you order a cake before you sail?

Yup! You can find the link on Carnival's Web site, but here it is here for ya: http://www.carnival.com/BonVoyage/Default.aspx

They have cakes, fruit baskets, finger foods, Carnival logo items, etc. You can order it for yourself or for somebody else. You can order online or on the phone (if you don't have their booking number and stateroom number, you can only order on the phone).

On our 8 cruises we have never paid for a desert or coffee or tea. You can always get tea bags at the coffee area. they had a wooden box with all kinds open,,,wife always takes 2-3 a day. Hot water is next to the coffee button. I always take a zip lock bag with coffee creamers I liberated from 7-11! Wish the cruise line put them on the ship. We have never walked in the video area.BTW go to the "Tea Time" events,,,enjoy the music and snacks!

Archived