Do we need to book shore excursions in advance?

2preschoolers

I know you 'can' book shore excursions online with Carnival, in advance. Is this necessary? Is it much more of a hassle to just do it on board the ship? Is there really a huge risk of not getting the tour you want if you want to do it on board? AND, if you book in advance and for some odd reason you change your mind (like someone's not feeling well that day, for example) can you cancel it??

THANK YOU!

i would book in advance if there's limited capacity on the excursion you want. otherwise, i would wait and book it on the ship. who knows, you may change your mind and want to do something else by the time you get there. you can exchange without penalty but if you cancel there's a 25% penalty. we leave in 4 days and pretty much know what we want to do but haven't booked anything yet. we like to keep our options open!!!:)

When accomodations are limited, like, submarine holds 48 and there are two trips. Total 96 for the day. So yes it is limited . Order now.

Beach visit, beach is big, transportation on bus, runs hourly, pre-order? NO.

Enjoy and have a wonderful sailing!

We're not big organized excursion people, but we did book in advance this time. We are only buying one excursion for this cruise, our first with the kids, so we need to make sure we get it. It's a submarine trip and I don't want to take a chance that it sells out and then the kids are disappointed.

I also don't usually book through the ship, since they are more expensive, but we did this time for a few reasons. We are traveling during flu season and in case they change our itin./port dates (as they did on recent sailings) I want Carnival to be able to handle this for us.

2preschoolers,

Maam the simple answer lays withina basic principle..

Supply vs Demand.

If you want to do they have many others which do too.

On that Excursion you benefit more by booking through the cruiseline and/or or your ASTA member Travel Agency/Agent.

Your children may well be amazed at the colors (colours) and sea life...

:cool:

I know you 'can' book shore excursions online with Carnival, in advance. Is this necessary? Is it much more of a hassle to just do it on board the ship? Is there really a huge risk of not getting the tour you want if you want to do it on board? AND, if you book in advance and for some odd reason you change your mind (like someone's not feeling well that day, for example) can you cancel it??

THANK YOU!

THANK YOU!

We have always booked our excursions on board, the night before or even the day of each port stop. We've never been turned away for being sold out. (Not yet anyway)!

I know you 'can' book shore excursions online with Carnival, in advance. Is this necessary? It's not necessary, but for popular excursions that might be sold out, it is better to book in advance.Is it much more of a hassle to just do it on board the ship? Is there really a huge risk of not getting the tour you want if you want to do it on board? AND, if you book in advance and for some odd reason you change your mind (like someone's not feeling well that day, for example) can you cancel it??

THANK YOU!

I have found that the prices for the excursions are usually a few dollars more when booked on the ship as compared to when booked in advanced.

Archived