Cupcake Cupboard Open For Business

goncruzn

Saw this on Facebook this evening:

"The big news today onboard Oasis of the Seas was the grand opening of the Cupcake Cupboard. The Cupcake Cupboard is located very centrally on the Royal Promenade and really has the feel of an old fashioned bakery or even your Grandmother’s kitchen. We had a ribbon cutting ceremony to officially open this afternoon and then invited everyone to join us for cupcake tastings. The favorite flavors were the red velvet, chocolate peanut butter, and the chocolate chocolate. We will offer different flavors daily, and they could include such varieties as bubble gum, strawberry, root beer, coconut, and vanilla/chocolate. Guests will be able to come and purchase one cupcake, or a half dozen, or even a dozen and we have very cool boxes especially designed for cupcakes to go.

Another great offering with the cupcakes will be the ability to order a birthday cupcake cake, anniversary cupcake, wedding cupcake, or any special celebration and get a cake made up of all cupcakes. I actually had a cupcake wedding cake when I got married 22 years ago, so it is great to see that cupcakes really are timeless."

"The highlight of the opening today was our first cupcake decorating class. Six of us were enlisted to participate and try our skills at a decorating class. It was a blast and we had so much fun. We made a very cute dog (that looked like my Cairn Terrier dog Bunker). We were instructed how to create the face with the frosting, and then we added licorice for his eyes and mouth, a jelly bean for his nose, and candy for his ears. Mine looked more like the cowardly lion than a puppy, but overall everyone really enjoyed the class and I think it will be a huge hit with our guests.

We will also use the Cupcake Cupboard if any of our guests want to have a private birthday party or celebration and then could have a private decorating class as well.

I won’t tell exactly how many cupcakes were consumed today, but it was a large number and some people had more than one!"

I haven't heard any details on the decorating classes yet, but I will definitely sign up for one when I board.

I'm not celebrating any special occasion, but I may just order a cupcake cake just because! I know there are some who don't see the fascination, but that just means more for me!

Archived