Camera

PinkJellyFish06

Intova makes a great camera for that.

You can take it down 660 feet or use it on the surface.

I bought my 6MP for something like $138 on Amazon if my memory serves. I take it on all of my dives.

I have an Olympus that takes great pics in and out of the water. Have used it snorkeling and helmet diving and in the rain and also just for general picture taking. It is listed down to about 10 ft under, but I don't scuba so it's great.

Mine is a stylus 790 sw and is 7.1 I'm sure they have newer models now. This has a stainless steel body and is quite rugged but fits in a shirt pocket. Bought it through Amazon

The Canon D10 was just released early this summer in time for me to purchase it and use it on our cruise. The camera is 12 mp, good to 10 meters underwater, resistant to heat and cold and is shock proof up to 4 feet. It isn't cheap...around $300, but it takes good photos and is easy to use. Unfortunately it won't do you much good on a deeper dive, but it is a great snorkeling camera. If you do a search on amazon.com you will find lots of reviews...most all favorable.

Here are some photos I took in Cozumel:

IMG_0108.JPG

IMG_0110.JPG

IMG_0086.JPG

IMG_0118.JPG

IMG_0089.JPG

I haven't actually used it yet underwater, but I recently scored a used Sealife DC310 on ebay for just under $100. It is an older model so it only is 3.3 MP, but the thing is really well built. Rugged underwater case that looks like it could survive an air tank tipping over on it, and the camera itself appears fairly sturdy as well. The seller forgot to wipe the memory so it still had a few pics on it and they looked very clear. In general, I don't think one can go wrong with the Sealife brand, but if you are looking to buy new, their stuff can be pricey. (but then, it seems that most underwater cameras are:) )

Do I understand some of this correctly that there are underwater cases available for some regular digital cameras? If so, can I assume they're pretty effective? This could be our solution. We have a good digital camera, and hate to purchase another for underwater use (just snorkeling, not diving). When I get home tonight I'll have to check my make/model#, etc. and search for this.

This one is on my Chrismas list!! I have been researching alot and it looks like it will be great! Thanks so much for posting the pictures.

The Canon D10 was just released early this summer in time for me to purchase it and use it on our cruise. The camera is 12 mp, good to 10 meters underwater, resistant to heat and cold and is shock proof up to 4 feet. It isn't cheap...around $300, but it takes good photos and is easy to use. Unfortunately it won't do you much good on a deeper dive, but it is a great snorkeling camera. If you do a search on amazon.com you will find lots of reviews...most all favorable.

Here are some photos I took in Cozumel:

IMG_0108.JPG

IMG_0110.JPG

IMG_0086.JPG

IMG_0118.JPG

IMG_0089.JPG

Archived