Just back Loews MIA

Julma

Really nice hotel in a good location. The grounds are lovely. You can choose from either the pool or the beach. The staff was friendly and helpful. Got to the hotel around 11:30 and our room was not ready (ended up not being ready until 3:30). We ate lunch in the bar and the food was very good and not too expensive. I live just outside of Boston, so that may be relative. My husband and I had a King Suite with an ocean and city view, which was very nice. The rooms have been redone and the bathrooms are very modern and "swanky" which I liked. The beds were comfy. The rest of the room already looked tired. I think there were some poor choices on items that can withstand the wear and tear of a hotel room. Also, I would have my contractor back, there was very poor plaster patch jobs and there is not a faceplate that is straight...or even close to it. When moving the furniture they scratched the beautiful tile floors. It is really ashame. This doesn't take away from your stay, just an observation. If you are going to be in Miami for a good part of the day before your cruise this is a great choice.

The Loews is a beautiful hotel and the only hotel in South Beach that can handle large groups (70% of hotel revenue is group/business travel). That said, those rooms get abused.

Thanks for the review and I hope next time you get a better room!

Archived