Where is the 79.00 romance package?

redgrave

I really can't understand some people's attitudes. Do they think that NCL is in business for the warm and fuzzies?? :confused: If that's the case then we won't be sailing on them for long cause they'll be under!

I think it's about time NCL started charging money for value. That romance package was a steal and everyone knows it. Check out some of the other cruiselines' prices and you will certainly see that. A similar 'romance' package on Princess is $140 and the deluxe package with the dinner is $440.

If you don't like the price nobody is forcing you to buy it. ;)

G'ma, it was a great deal at $79, a bottle of bubbly, dinner at Le Bistro for 2, chocolate covered strawberries on embarkation day, a bottle of wine at dinner, a cake, canapes during the week, a picture and a party.

Looking at exactly what was included for $79, I have to wonder again, why so much of an increase? The bottles of wine are nothing special and must cost NCL no more than $15 for both. Strawberries; $3, canapes; $3, cake; $5, the pic; $2, Le Bistro $30...can someone explain how all that is worth $135?

Thanks. I agree it doesn't seem like such a good deal now, however.

I guess NCL is just trying to make ends meet without cutting out too much of the cruise experience.

I wouldn't pay it, for sure.......

I agree that prices go up but this increase seems way overboard. I can see a $20-$30 increase but $56? Seems excessive to me. I will not be purchasing this package in the future although I have enjoyed it the past.

G'ma, it was a great deal at $79, a bottle of bubbly, dinner at Le Bistro for 2, chocolate covered strawberries on embarkation day, a bottle of wine at dinner, a cake, canapes during the week, a picture and a party.

Looking at exactly what was included for $79, I have to wonder again, why so much of an increase? The bottles of wine are nothing special and must cost NCL no more than $15 for both. Strawberries; $3, canapes; $3, cake; $5, the pic; $2, Le Bistro $30...can someone explain how all that is worth $135?

I'm not sure that I understand all of the confusion.

The package is intended for honeymooners. Over the years, EVERYONE started buying it. NCL honored those purchases, but has now re-priced the package so that it is not seen as a way to package other things cheaply, but rather a package intended for honeymooners.

They were probably a little tired of having the servers sing to each table, when it wasn't even their honeymoon / anniversary!

So it's the same principle which applies when they increase fees for specialty restaurants: capacity control!

The package is intended for honeymooners. Over the years, EVERYONE started buying it. NCL honored those purchases, but has now re-priced the package so that it is not seen as a way to package other things cheaply, but rather a package intended for honeymooners.

They were probably a little tired of having the servers sing to each table, when it wasn't even their honeymoon / anniversary!

So it's the same principle which applies when they increase fees for specialty restaurants: capacity control!

No offense, but I don't buy this explanation. NCL is in the business to make money, period. They already have the booze, food, photographer and Le Bistro, why would they try to minimize sales by controlling the "capacity"? Especially since most of the time, specialty restaurants are never near to being full...

That's probably at least part of the answer.

I agree.

The difference is that Princess is not a "lower cost" cruise like NCL and although the average pax on Princess may not have a problem with the $140 price tag for a similar product, NCL cruisers will, as evidenced by the many complaints.

If the intention is/was for Honeymooners.........why wasn't it called the Honeymoon Package?

If the intention is/was for Honeymooners.........why wasn't it called the Honeymoon Package?

It is!

Quote:

Originally Posted by *Wink*

The OP is talking about the $135 Honeymoon package.

Archived