Quarantine in China?

kathy16

Is there any mandated quarantine in China when you fly from the US to Bejiing?(perhaps due to swine flu pandemic?)

Kathy: Some Hawaii students visiting China caught the H1N1 flu while in China and all were quarantined for a period of time.

Article in Nov 11 New York Times about the apparent success China has had in keeping down H1N1 infections by quarantining incoming visitors. I had hoped to visit Beiijing for a few days before my cruise out of Hong Kong, but I am afraid of being stuck there, and missing my cruise if anyone on my plane is sick. ( I have had both flu and H1N1 vaccine- because I am a health care worker- but not my husband)

Article in Nov 11 New York Times about the apparent success China has had in keeping down H1N1 infections by quarantining incoming visitors. I had hoped to visit Beiijing for a few days before my cruise out of Hong Kong, but I am afraid of being stuck there, and missing my cruise if anyone on my plane is sick. ( I have had both flu and H1N1 vaccine- because I am a health care worker- but not my husband)

you shouldn't live in fear of H1N1. besides, you'll run the same chance of being quarantined flying into hong kong. they were taking temps at the cruise port so i'll assume they will be doing it at the airport also (HK is part of china, btw)

Archived