Which dock in Sydney

cruzadict

If I make the reservation now I hope there won't be a problem.

Yes, the earlier the better especially if it is a Friday or Saturday night, although I'm sure u wouldn't be disappointed if u went there for lunch.

Have you been to Sydney before? The Blue Mountains/Katoomba excursion is fabulous.:)

Cheers

ging466

Is it ok if I join in too?

We've eaten at Aria, Quay (2x), Tetsuya's and 41 all within the last 3 months. The standout was Quay, however they needed a 3 months prebook for a window on a friday night.

Tetsuya's I found you have to really love seafood, Mr Waldo thought it was great while thought it was abit ??? re the $$ charged.

41 is relocating (not sere of new venue) due to the rental costs very shortly.

Our last meal at Aria was outstanding, if you go ask for table 7.8 or 9 as these have the Opera House and Bridge.

On the accom front,

FS has become a poor sister to their other properties, we stayed there in late Oct and tbh this was our 3rd stay there and the room was VERY ordinary this time and no recognition of staying before.

Shangri La Opera view is top notch, service there can be hit and miss, although in may has the best stay of the 3, we got a double upgrade nd everything was perfect. Biggest issue with Shang is the uphill slog from the Quay (hint) walk thru Four seasons and then go up their lift to the next floor!

Our last Park hyatt visit, we didn't saty but met friends there the room was a little tired and given the entry level $$$ ($650pn) = 2 night in a suite at either Shang or FS.

As far as views, All the ones with Opera House or bridge view are much the same. Quay grand is mostly bridge unless you have a gardens view.

Wripro

Thought I might mention, if there is a ship in port when you dine at The Quay, you won't see anything but the ship right in you face!!!! it blocks out all your view. We have dined at The Quay when the Regent was in port overnight - disaster - just watched everyone in their cabins all night. The trouble is the restaurant will not mention when you are booking, if there will be a ship - so it's up to you to find out if there is a ship in port

No one has mentioned "Guillaume at Bennelong" right in the Opera House, in my opinion, it beats Aria hands down but "The Quay is a close second. guillaumeatbennelong.com.au

I'd add in Cafe Sydney in the Customs House building at Circular Quay. Reasonably priced, great atmosphere, excellent views, though you need to book early, and very good food.

For anybody staying at the InterContinental it's worth getting a Club room as the views from the Club are to die for.

ok - just to really mix this thead up a bit .. those are the great restaurants in Sydney and thanks for all those recommendations. If, after 16 days on a cruise ship, you just wanted to put your cutoffs and a (decent) t-shirt on, and head somewhere casual and easy but with great food .. where would you go?

I'm *very* tempted by some of these great restaurants but also wonder if we'll just want an easy, lighter, great food meal. This may be a much harder question.

Bit touristy but you'll get ok bar style food at The Opera bar (view is pretty good too...shorts are ok)

The Australian Pub in the rocks is another venue that has pretty good pizzas etc.

Eating out casually tend to eat nearer to home,, eg local vietnamese, cafe by the beach etc.

Ripples at north Sydney Pool also springs to mind

http://www.aquadining.com.au/aqua_ripples_cafe_restaurant.htm

Archived