Balmoral World Cruise - 2010

Hallstone

We are doing the whole of the World Cruise on Balmoral in January 2010. For such a long cruise what is the situation regarding the code of dress? We are quite traditional and enjoy the formality of the formal nights. We have been told you just carry on as if you were at home. But on a cruise we like to 'dress up' whenever possible. Any advice from anyone with previous experience of a World Cruise would be much appreciated.

We are doing the whole of the World Cruise on Balmoral in January 2010. For such a long cruise what is the situation regarding the code of dress? We are quite traditional and enjoy the formality of the formal nights. We have been told you just carry on as if you were at home. But on a cruise we like to 'dress up' whenever possible. Any advice from anyone with previous experience of a World Cruise would be much appreciated.

How exciting!

How long does the cruise take?

Will you be cruising Down Under?

In my youth, I travelled overseas to the UK on two ships, which were both part of a world cruise and I thought the majority of the passengers were "ancient", now I'm ancient myself. These cruises, exploring the world, set the benchmark for me.

You will thoroughly enjoy the world cruise experience. I did two long sectors of the "Balmoral" 2009 world cruise and found it memorable. The dress code follows the normal pattern of two "formal" nights (men wear dinner suits) per week, some "informal" nights (men wear a jacket or a long-sleeved shirt with tie) theme nights which might included tropical, westen, red/white/blue and casual (men wear long trousers and open-necked shirts. The latter tends to be nights in port and in tropical areas. As there are passengers leaving and joining the ship at several ports there are a number of Captain's cocktail parties throughout the cruise. You will have the added advantage of "all rounders" parties too which are exclusive to those taking the whole cruise.

I hope this helps. I wish you a happy time and bon voyage.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived