Early Arrival to Hotel *** Help!! ****

raina*faith

I will be arriving to MCO around 9:30 am and I can't check in to the hotel, the Radisson until around 3pm. What can I do in the meantime?

Is the hotel close enough to the pier (Port Canaveral) that I can go there and hang out until check in time?

Or should I just stay in the hotel?

Thanks for your help in advance!

Call the hotal and request early checkin. If that doesn't work, go to the hotel, keep out your swimsuit and have them hold your bags while you sun or read around the pool, have lunch, whatever. It would be unusual not to get in early if you request it in advance. It will just depend on how full they are.

Thanks to everyone who responded. If I was sailing with just my dh and I this wouldn't be a problem, but since I am with others I really want them to enjoy the scenery too. Thanks :D

This is NO probelm. Head straight to the hotel. Have your change of clothes for the day at the top of your suitcase or in your carryon. If your room isn't ready, they WILL take your bags. (get a claim check) If you are going to be near the hotel, they will call your cell when the room IS ready if you want to return.

• 3 weeks later...

We are arriving Dec 5th to Radissson for our Freedom sailing the next day. We are myself, husband, almost 2yr old son & MIL. Couple questions if anyone can help:

will the pool be open & warm enough to swim?

are there any shops in walking distance to get some nibblys & wine, etc?

are there any good restaurants in walking distance, or will we need cab?

Thanks so much!!!

Thanks to everyone who responded. If I was sailing with just my dh and I this wouldn't be a problem, but since I am with others I really want them to enjoy the scenery too. Thanks :D

The Radisson has a great pool and tiki bar. There are 5 places in the port to eat and it is a short cab ride away.

We are arriving Dec 5th to Radissson for our Freedom sailing the next day. We are myself, husband, almost 2yr old son & MIL. Couple questions if anyone can help:

will the pool be open & warm enough to swim?

are there any shops in walking distance to get some nibblys & wine, etc?

are there any good restaurants in walking distance, or will we need cab?

Thanks so much!!!

anyone???

I will be arriving to MCO around 9:30 am and I can't check in to the hotel, the Radisson until around 3pm. What can I do in the meantime?

Is the hotel close enough to the pier (Port Canaveral) that I can go there and hang out until check in time?

Or should I just stay in the hotel?

Thanks for your help in advance!

I always get to whatever hotel I'm staying at before check in. Lot's of times the rooms are ready if not they usually have a room where they can store your luggage and you can use the pool and amenities till your room is ready.

There is a Publix grocery store about 3 miles away - can walk or take a cab (also a bus (trolley) that stops right by the hotel). Thai Thai restaurant is across the street. It is good. There is also a Subway, a pizza place, Burger King and McDonalds close by (walk to). If you take a cab to the port to eat, we like Grills. It should be just fine for swimming and sunning by the pool. The beach is a 1.5 mile walk from the Radisson. The Manatee and Banana River Park are 1 mile to the west of the hotel. The first of the month I saw 10 manatees at Banana River Park - not sure if they stick around during the winter months.

Archived