Just back from Explorer of the sea to Bermuda

qqmelodia

RCI does NOT cater to kids under 3.....did you not know that? Oh, well---a 15 mo. old won't remember this trip anyway!

Funny, I didn't know that. And I've been around the Royal Caribbean block a few times. :rolleyes:

qq - I am off to find your review.

Edited to add -

Ohhhh I saw your review a couple of days ago. I agree - totally! Some of the ships have older toys for the Royal Tots/Infants program and the staff are poorly trained.

If anyone else would like to see it....

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=59515

Taking this exact cruise with my 3 year old triplets next May. Hoping they are potty trained by then!

I am more curious about what you did with your daughter in Bermuda? My kids will be 3 and besides the beach, what is fun for them to do? Did you do anything via the Land Excursions offered by RCL or did you just book your own thing once on the island? Any recommendations on websites or specific tours you think my 3 year olds would love would be great.

Hi Cooltripletmom,

We didn't participate in any of the RCL shore excursion. With her nap time and all, we just don't want to be subjected to a fixed schedule.

As a matter of fact, when we got into Bermuda the first day, we didn't leave the ship until 2pm (after she napped, pooped..etc), and we just hopped on the bus to horseshoe bay beach for the afternoon, then took a taxi back to the ship (because the bus took forever to arrive, make sure you check the schedule before waiting for the bus). The taxi took us to a scenic overlook, think it was a light house, which was really nice.

The next day, we took the ferry to hamilton, window shopped and took picture of their very clean city before catching the ferry back and just hang around the dock yard area. We really like the free shuttle, going about the dock yard, we took it three times.

In the dock yard area, there is a "beach" called snorkel park, I would not personally go into the water. It's too close to the ship and I heard from the grape vine that it is close to a public waste line, please confirm if anyone know more about this or if it's untrue.

Keep in mind that the bus does not accommodate any full size stroller. There is a very tiny area when you can stow a folded umbrella stroller, and then you would take a seat. I have my kelty convertible baby carrier/stroller and that worked out well both ways: on the bus or on the taxi.

All in all, Bermuda is very doable on your own, just consult the public transportation schedule and you should be fine getting around.

Hope this info helps.

Have fun on your trip :)

qq

Archived