Free tours from Singapore Changi Airport

comcox

I would like to hear from anyone who has taken either of the two free tours (Cultural or Colonial) offered by visitor information at the Changi Airport for travellers passing through. How long did they last? Were they worth the effort or would it be better to take the metro into town and do our own thing? We are staying over a full day at the airport hotel before flying on to Cambodia.

The tours last for two hours. Take the tour and get the lay of the land and you could return later if you see something of interest that you want to spend more time on. Singapore is small enough that you could get around in one day on the MRT and/or taxis which is very inexpensive.

The tours last for two hours. Take the tour and get the lay of the land and you could return later if you see something of interest that you want to spend more time on. Singapore is small enough that you could get around in one day on the MRT and/or taxis which is very inexpensive.

Are these only for people who have a stopover? We arrive in port at 7:00am and flight leaves at 11:30pm, and we have no information on check-in time, or whether we should hire a private driver for the day.

Are these only for people who have a stopover? We arrive in port at 7:00am and flight leaves at 11:30pm, and we have no information on check-in time, or whether we should hire a private driver for the day.

Website says the tours are for those folks who have at least 5 hour layover at the airport and sign-up starts at 7 am on the day of. Check the Changi Airport website; the place is amazing. It offers gardens, a swimming pool and place to shower, a transit hotel which you rent by the hour I think. Also the metro system runs from the airport to downtown where there's a hop-on, hop-off bus possibility. That's what we are trying to decide between. And I think if you are flying in on Singapore Air there's even more options. I doubt you'll need a private driver.

Archived