Spa - Pre-reserve or wait

rhsjr

I agree with Toto. We were on the 10/25/09 Ruby cruise. We went and toured the spa when we boarded as I wanted to see the thermal suite. The spa personnel tried to get me to book it but I wanted to talk it over with my husband. I said we would wait and go back for the spa drawing and then I'd sign up. My husband ended up winning 30% off a spa service and each one of us received a $30 coupon off of any NEW service. So, if you had pre-booked anything you could not use the coupon. We used the coupon on the VIP thermal suite. It is normally $249 for the week, which includes a couples Rasoul. With the coupon, it was only $219 - an individual pass was $115 and the rasoul goes for $95 so basically ended up really only paying for one person and the rasoul. We loved the thermal suite and will do it again. It was so relaxing and good for my back!!!! Have fun.

They have "Port Day" specials which to me are the best value. Even if you are doing an excursion, touring or beaching it, the spa appointment could be booked later in the day. This has always worked well for me providing you are flexible.

I agree with the other posters. DW and I booked on line just once, and found out we could have gotten a better deal on the ship. We always wait for specials, and most times will do the spa twice on a 7-10 day cruise.

I'm trying to convince her that three times wouldn't be too bad:)

I have seen pictures of the thermal suite which looks like heated loungers. What else can you tell me about this service? Do they have music, etc playing?

In addition to the heated loungers, there are also 2 showers with regular nozzles and more misty, rain-line sprary and 3 rooms ranging from sauna like conditions to intense steam. The third room is a small steam room with aromatherapy as well. They tell you to not spend more than 10 min in any of the rooms, shower in between. People wear their bathing suits and it's coed. It may take awhile to figure out what works best for you, but it's worth it! Personally, I usually start with the sauna room (also has heated benches and I usually stretch out on those if no one else is there), then the aromatherapy room, finish with the lounger. Whether they play music in there seems to vary by ship. The only complaint I have is when people insist on talking to their friend(s) while there. I think it's supposed to be relaxing and quiet.

Archived