Destiny Review 11/2-11/7/09

jerseygirl79

jersey - thanks for the great review.

Quick question for you - were there any family-friendly comedy shows?

You're welcome. There was a comedian at the Welcome Aboard show, Will Marfori. I didn't go, but the caper didn't indicate adults only. The show was on embarkation day at 10:30 pm. Will did an adults only R Rated show the next night at 12am.

Carl Guerra did a show on Grand Cayman day at 7 and 8:45 pm. His R rated show was the last sea day at 10:15 and 11:15. He wasn't great....a bunch of ****** jokes.

Alright....now we're winding down.

The day started with breakfast on Lido. Today I couldn't find any muffins anywhere. I asked one of the guys at the pastry area for muffins an he bought me out 3 rasin bran muffins YUM!!!

159_159-1.jpg

We attended the debarkation talk. This was my first time actually seeing Brent, the CD in action. OK....so when I watched him on the tv in my cabin I was not feelin' this guy. But he was actually pretty funny at the debarkation talk. Sure, I've seen and heard all the jokes and gags before, but I appreciate how they always make it seem fresh for the new cruisers.

090_90-1.jpg

092_92-1.jpg

Ok....I'm going to get on my soap box for a moment regarding the comment card talk. All CDs stress how important it is to check off "exceed expectations" on your comment card or else the staff doesn't get credit for doing a good job. If it weren't for this talk, I'd check "met expectations" on most of the comment card. That includes my last cruise as well. While the service is good, I expect good service. I really think the strong sell for a better score really makes the comment card pointless. I checked off exceed expectations because of the guilt I would feel of possibily preventing any crew member from getting an incentive or promotion.

089_89.jpg

I was going to do the Digital Scavenger Hunt, but you need at least one partner and DH had gone to the gym :( Anywho, it looked like a lot of fun. Hopefully, next time.

We did make the Galley Tour. Now don't blink or you'll miss it! It was literally a driveby :D, we walked through the galley in about 5 min or less.

(Vinod) the Maitre'd

104_104-1.jpg

At 6pm Paul Blart Mall Cop was playing on the big screen. At 6, the movie started, but there was no picture....only sound. After about 10 min, I found the nearest ship phone and called the information desk (7777) for help. They were busy and after holding for about 5 min, I was told the technician would be called.

About 2 min after I returned to my deck chair, the picture appeared!!! Woo Hoo!!

133_133-1.jpg

I don't know who had the bright idea to scrub the deck while a movie was playing on Lido, but this was a big mistake. A woman fell. I didn't see, but my mom did.

134_134.jpg

136_136.jpg

My mom's birthday was the day after debarkation. I ordered a cake to be delivered to her cabin on our last night. I would have sent it to the MDR, but she wasn't sure she wanted to go to dinner. She decided AFTER the cake was delivered to go to dining with us. I walked the cake to the Universe Dining Room before I dinner and handed it to Vinod. He would arrange for it to be delivere to our table during dessert.

The waiters sang Happy Birthday. It was great. BTW, you have to order cakes 24 hours in advance. Every said it was delicious!

145_145.jpg

After dinner we went to the Late Night R Rated Comedy show featuring Carl Guerra. He wasn't great. A bunch of little blue pill jokes.

Before dinner we packed and right after dinner we put our luggage out for the morning, making sure to leave out pajamas and clothes for the next day.

This last night at sea was ROUGH!!!! I couldn't sleep at all.

DH slept like a hibernating bear!

146_146.jpg

The staff at Camp Carnival was nice. My DSD and brother had fun when they were there. They didn't always want to go, but were happy they did. I think they would have had more fun if there were more kids on board. There were less than 300 on this cruise.

For my 5 y/o DSD I was given a cell phone to call camp carnival or for them to reach us. It was cool because I could use that phone to call any phone on the ship and could receive calls too. We had it for the entire cruise.

Here are the Camp Carnival Capers. Friday is missing because there was a type and it was not printed.

campcarnivalpg1.jpg

campcarnivalpg2.jpg

campcarnivalpg31.jpg

campcarnivalpg32.jpg

You're welcome. There was a comedian at the Welcome Aboard show, Will Marfori. I didn't go, but the caper didn't indicate adults only. The show was on embarkation day at 10:30 pm. Will did an adults only R Rated show the next night at 12am.

Carl Guerra did a show on Grand Cayman day at 7 and 8:45 pm. His R rated show was the last sea day at 10:15 and 11:15. He wasn't great....a bunch of ****** jokes.

Hey! I got censored, hahahaha....the jokes were about the little blue pill :)

Well.....here we are....back in Miami. It was a rough night, but this was the easier debarkation ever. We were up at 6am and out of the cabin by 7am headed to Lido for breakfast. I ate, took some more pics, and went to buy one last picture from the Photo Gallery. Our zone, 11 was called at about 8:00am. We had our luggage, cleared customs (not a glance at passports, bc, or ID) and were waiting for our shuttle by 8:45 am.

They really have it down in Miami!

Our shuttle was scheduled to pick us up at 9:30. I had a missed call from Karina at QLS a little after 8. They were in the area and picked us up early, before 9.

We were at the are port a little after 9 for our 12pm flight. It was great! Plenty of time to chill out. AirTran was excellent. We boarded 30 minutes before the plane took off, it wasn't full and we landed on time.

Good Morning Miami

164_164.jpg

160_160-1.jpg

161_161-1.jpg

162_162.jpg

163_163-1.jpg

Archived