Destiny Review 11/2-11/7/09

jerseygirl79

Thanks so much for this. We are seriously considering Destiny for next year. Honestly it sounds a lot like the layout of the Valor so we should find our way ok. I wonder if it's size is close to the Conquest class?

Can't wait to read more!

Sounds like the Freedom as well. You couldn't walk from one end to the other without walking through the main dining room so at dinner time you had to take an elevator or stairs up and over or some crazy thing. Honestly I don't even know - I have a terrible sense of direction and just followed the people I was with but I know that was a complaint they had. And Freedom is a new ship - you'd think they'd have a better lay out by now!

LOVE the review so far!

BTW, the first photo of you on your balcony? BEAUTIFUL!!! :-)

Awww...thanks! :D

Sounds like the Freedom as well. You couldn't walk from one end to the other without walking through the main dining room so at dinner time you had to take an elevator or stairs up and over or some crazy thing. Honestly I don't even know - I have a terrible sense of direction and just followed the people I was with but I know that was a complaint they had. And Freedom is a new ship - you'd think they'd have a better lay out by now!

You'd think! I have a terrible sense of direction too! But crazy enough...strangers followed me like I knew where I was going, hahahaah

Oh, and we had a GREAT TIME. We experienced no problems with smell or propulsion as some had reported in the past....

This is great!!! So glad you enjoyed yourself!

Jerseygirl, thanks for the great review and pictures! I was on Destiny last February and enjoyed it very much. I've been on a number of cruises and I don't sweat the small stuff. I'm going again on January 16 (only 9 days to go) on a 5 night to Grand Cayman and Ocho Rios. What did you mean about the secret door on deck 6?

OMG....you may be on your way already! Have fun! If you read this before you go...the (no so) secret door is a door all the way forward that looks like it's off limits....it actually leads to the front of the ship right under the bridge for some cool shots! I remember walking forward and the door was on my right.

• 5 weeks later...

thank you so much for the review and the pictures, we sail May 3 on the Destiny. the floor plans sounds just like the Victory that we sailed on and it was a little tricky, but after 1 day, we had it figured out!!!! ;) Thanks again for the helpful info, I really appreicate it!:)

Jolene

• 10 months later...
OMG....you may be on your way already! Have fun! If you read this before you go...the (no so) secret door is a door all the way forward that looks like it's off limits....it actually leads to the front of the ship right under the bridge for some cool shots! I remember walking forward and the door was on my right.

Cant wait to check it out. Thank you!

Awesome review! We set sail in a few days for my cousin's wedding. So glad I stumbled upon this site and your review! :)

Im glad, too! Im going January 29, however. Bon Voyage!:D

• 1 year later...

Archived