Sloth Sanctuary & Jungle Canoeing In Puerto Limon

2tsquared

Has anyone taken HAL's Sloth Sanctuary and Canoeing excursion in Puerto Limon? We will be on Zuiderdam's Jan 12th Panama cruise, and I've read several cautionary suggestions that it is better to book tours through HAL at this port of call.

Thanks in advance for any information you can provide.

Terry

...booked a private tour about a year and a half ago on a Volendam cruise down that way. It was a private tour that included lunch. Here's a 'blip' from a portion of a review I wrote:

"COSTA RICA :I booked a Charley Soto A1 tour via the internet prior to the cruise for $50 pp and what a great tour it was. We had a private car with a driver that provided us a great day. We visited a private plantation and played with a sloth (and sampled fresh fruit & toured the nearby jungle), toured a banana plantation, did a hour long 'float' on the Tortugero Canal via private motorized boat and then reached Bonita Beach for lunch & adult beverages. After lunch we made our way down to the local supermarket to pick up some coffee and Nivea. Great day. "

You may also want to check out the Caribbean Ports of Call board for more information if you haven't already done so.

BTW, some pix of the tour are available on the photo site linked below my signature.

Have yourself a WONDERFUL CRUISE!

Bon Voyage & Good Health!

Bob:)

...booked a private tour about a year and a half ago on a Volendam cruise down that way. It was a private tour that included lunch. Here's a 'blip' from a portion of a review I wrote:

"COSTA RICA :I booked a Charley Soto A1 tour via the internet prior to the cruise for $50 pp and what a great tour it was. We had a private car with a driver that provided us a great day. We visited a private plantation and played with a sloth (and sampled fresh fruit & toured the nearby jungle), toured a banana plantation, did a hour long 'float' on the Tortugero Canal via private motorized boat and then reached Bonita Beach for lunch & adult beverages. After lunch we made our way down to the local supermarket to pick up some coffee and Nivea. Great day. "

You may also want to check out the Caribbean Ports of Call board for more information if you haven't already done so.

BTW, some pix of the tour are available on the photo site linked below my signature.

Have yourself a WONDERFUL CRUISE!

Bon Voyage & Good Health!

Bob:)

We did this same excursion off the Zuiderdam last Dec. and had Ray and Stayton as guides for two couples in an air conditioned fan. This had to be one of the best tours we've experienced.

They also took us to an animal rescue center near the canal where we got to handle sloths and other jungle critters. The contrast to the ship's tours loaded on buses and barges was amazing. They provided beer and water for the tour and the lunch with Costa Rican beer was included. It was very good BTW, local seafood at a popular beach.

I've enjoyed Prescott as well Bob what a beautiful part of Arizona.

I've been reading about Charlie Soto, so I'll definitely seek him out. We always prefer private tour operators; I was just a little nervous about using one in PL due to some of the comments I've read on the boards about the port area around PL.

P.S. Bob, hubby and I just moved to Nashville 3 years ago after 10 years in Scottsdale. We always enjoyed our trips up Prescott way.

Thanks for your responses.

Terry :)

Archived