Can I make an 11:15 flight out of Tampa (Legend)?

jtonra

I'm considering an 11:15 flight but have never cruised out of Tampa before. This will definately be a busy time since it's school vacation week for much of New England. Do you think this flight is too early or should I be safe with this time?

I made a 10:15 flight on Oct 25th.......after AA kept moving the flight time up.

We did self assist & were off the ship at 7:47 & at the airport a few minutes after 8:00.

Did self assist in Jan on Inspiration & was off the ship at 8:00 & at airport at 8:17.

If all goes as scheduled with no fog or Customs delays, you should be fine.

I'm considering an 11:15 flight but have never cruised out of Tampa before. This will definately be a busy time since it's school vacation week for much of New England. Do you think this flight is too early or should I be safe with this time?

Are you flying out of Tampa? We flew AA out of Miami last week without any problems..... matter of fact disembarked at 8am from Lauderdale, boarded the Carnvial shuttle to MIA, and made the 11AM direct to Boston...

I live in Tampa and I say you are cutting it close. I would not arrive at the airport less than an hour ahead of time (they board at 20 min to flight) I have seen long security lines.

Especially during school vacation time and more passengers debarking and then going thru security at the airport. Why chance it? You have to take the shuttle over from one side of the airport to the other to board. Just my opinion. Also roadwork around TIA. May be gone when you travel, but don't count on it.

I also think that is cutting it too close.

We were on the Legend last week, and we got into port around 8:30 due to Ida, but even with being the first group called for self-assist, we weren't off the ship and into a taxi until 9:30. It seems like most people are doing self-assist now and it is really clogging up the debarkation process.

We've booked an 11:30 flight but I have heard that non-U.S. citizens cannot self-disembark in Tampa. Is this true? We were able to self-assist when we left out of Port Canaveral.

I believe that is correct.

In Tampa, they were only allowing US citizens with passports to do self-assist debarkation

(at least for the first round of deck-by-deck self-assist debarkation they did...they may have allowed birth certificates later in the process after we were off the ship).

Barring a late arrival or some type of customs-related debarkation fiasco, you'll easily make it in time. I live an hour+ north of the port, and even without doing self-debark I've typically gotten off the boat, loaded up my wife & kids, driven home, dropped them off, and make it to my desk by 9 am - with workday traffic.

I believe the Legend comes in on weekends (Saturday?), so you won't have traffic issues to deal with. The trip from the port to the airport is only about 15 minutes when no traffic is involved.

Barring a late arrival or some type of customs-related debarkation fiasco, you'll easily make it in time. I live an hour+ north of the port, and even without doing self-debark I've typically gotten off the boat, loaded up my wife & kids, driven home, dropped them off, and make it to my desk by 9 am - with workday traffic.

I believe the Legend comes in on weekends (Saturday?), so you won't have traffic issues to deal with. The trip from the port to the airport is only about 15 minutes when no traffic is involved.

Sundays...the legend embarks and disembarks on Sunday:)

We've booked an 11:30 flight but I have heard that non-U.S. citizens cannot self-disembark in Tampa. Is this true? We were able to self-assist when we left out of Port Canaveral.

This was true on the Inspiration last month. The early (1st people off the boat) self-disembarkation was for US passport holders only. Later on there was a call for non-US passport holder walk-offs but it seemed to be quite a bit after the first were let off.

The lines were long so we just chilled on the ship as long as possible.

We are Non-US citizens and had a 10:30am flight out of Tampa from our Legend cruise in October 2009. We were very concerned that we might not make our flight.:(

As we are not US citizens, self assist disembarkation is not offered.:confused:

We kept our luggage in the room the night before disembarkation. On the morning of disembarkation we went to the US immigration inspection for non US citizens at 6:30 am in the Follies lounge.

As soon as the OK was announced for passengers to start Self Assist disembarkation, we carried our luggage off the ship, and walked to the Taxi stand. With a $25 flat rate Taxi ride to the Tampa airport we had lots of time to relax before our flight home.:D

Not a problem, I would book a flight home at the same time again.:cool:

FYI

The flight was a US domestic flight, and not an international flight.

i.e. TPA to BUF

I absolutely agree that 11:15 is fine. We were at the airport a few minutes after 8 am. I was bored out of my mind waiting for a later flight. I wish I had booked an earlier one.

Even if traffic was horrible, or some other unforeseen delay, you would still have hours of spare time.

The self debark was painless. The time between when we walked out of our room and stepped into a taxi [including going through customs] was about 15 minutes.

We also travelled during spring break.

Archived