Having issues with Early Saver and new Carnival cabin categories

e058874

I'm sure many of you noticed w/in the last two weeks Carnival changed their cabin categories for the "9" series cabins and suites. Originally last Feb we did early saver for Legend sailing right after Thanksgiving. Booked 2 9A rooms. At that time there were ONLY category 9A then suites. We did see the 9A rate reduce $40pp about a month ago. Two weeks ago it reduced another $30 but then literally 2 days later these new cabin 9 categories popped up. 9A cabins are only the 9 cabins with obstructed view. Carnival is denying my claim and the latest confirmation I got from the TA shows now same cabin 9B. I don't know if this just a matter of timing but I feel the whole thing is kind of disengenious on Carnival's part. When I booked there was no other category EXCEPT 9A that included ALL those cabins, obstructed view or not. Of course Carnival will not talk to me directly because of booking with a TA. TA is not returning my calls after the scathing email I sent last week. Escalating to their management now. I told them I want a conference call with their management and Carnival customer service management to get this resolved. I just feel the whole thing smells not right. I know it's only $30pp more but that's a night in the supper club and every little bit helps. Anyone else experience anything like this? Suggestions?

yep have a room #...TA is an internet cruise broker..who we have booked with before no problem...like I said I have now escalated it to their management becuase the first cust service rep I was dealing with was not helpful..only said Carnival denied becuase I was not in a 9A category..right not after Carnival made this category change like 2 days after I put in my claim for the lower price. I even had a print out of the screen shot off Carnival's website also. Another call in today to their manager..and tomorrow to someone higher up if I still hear nothing. very dissappointing all around.

yep have a room #...TA is an internet cruise broker..who we have booked with before no problem...like I said I have now escalated it to their management becuase the first cust service rep I was dealing with was not helpful..only said Carnival denied becuase I was not in a 9A category..right not after Carnival made this category change like 2 days after I put in my claim for the lower price. I even had a print out of the screen shot off Carnival's website also. Another call in today to their manager..and tomorrow to someone higher up if I still hear nothing. very dissappointing all around.

Same exact thing happened to me. Miracle aft wrap, now called vista suite. My online TA said there was nothing she could do for me. Who did you use for booking? Does her name start with a J ? And my claim is $220. I'm plenty pi**ed. I'd be interested to know how you make out.

I'm sure many of you noticed w/in the last two weeks Carnival changed their cabin categories for the "9" series cabins and suites. Originally last Feb we did early saver for Legend sailing right after Thanksgiving. Booked 2 9A rooms. At that time there were ONLY category 9A then suites. We did see the 9A rate reduce $40pp about a month ago. Two weeks ago it reduced another $30 but then literally 2 days later these new cabin 9 categories popped up. 9A cabins are only the 9 cabins with obstructed view. Carnival is denying my claim and the latest confirmation I got from the TA shows now same cabin 9B. I don't know if this just a matter of timing but I feel the whole thing is kind of disengenious on Carnival's part. When I booked there was no other category EXCEPT 9A that included ALL those cabins, obstructed view or not. Of course Carnival will not talk to me directly because of booking with a TA. TA is not returning my calls after the scathing email I sent last week. Escalating to their management now. I told them I want a conference call with their management and Carnival customer service management to get this resolved. I just feel the whole thing smells not right. I know it's only $30pp more but that's a night in the supper club and every little bit helps. Anyone else experience anything like this? Suggestions?

Here's my suggestion.

Can it with the scathing letters to the only person who can help you....the TA.

You will not get a conference call from Customer Service...so leave it be.

If you were eligible for the reduction in price, Carnival would give it to you. They do this hundreds of times a day..... They are NOT going to personally pick on you just because they don't like you.

This is a very successful program for them....and the rules are very clear. If this latest reduction would have been within those rules, you would receive it.

It doesn't......and you've been told it doesn't.

No amount of railing and beating your chest is going to change it.

So, leave it be and work on plans for your cruise.....

I booked a Cat 11 on the Miracle for next Nov. Then it became a VS and the price went up $240. But the JS went down $160. I called my TA and he was able to get my rate reduced the $160 to match the rate for the JS. Though it was a "one time" thing and any other rate drops will have to be based on the VS rate. So Carnival did adj my rate down the match the lowest rate for a former Cat 11.

When did the categories change for your ship? I was able to get my price adjustment but it was maybe two days after the change on the Miracle when I had my TA submit it.

We booked a 8H... have confirmation to show it too...when I was watching for price decrease, I noticed the price drop on 8J..which is 2 catg higher than my original booking...but when i called Carnival. I was told I booked 8K?! Huh?! They said all 8H is now 8K?! Make no sense...so I didn't qualify for the price decrease.

You arent going to get the 9A price if you booked a cabin that is now a 9B, you are spinning your wheels for nothing. They did give some rate reductions on the first day or two after they started making the category changes, but not any more.

Getting so upset is a waste of energy wanting a rate that isnt matching the category, thats why they reduced the 9As, they thought they were less valuable than what you now have.

Sure a huge fight over $30 to me.

ps sure we all know Carnival did this so they could charge more for what they consider more premium locations ... just like they did with the midship locations a while back. ... and it will probably happen again, carnival has been making lots of changes.

You can say that again. Price dropped on my cruise a few weeks ago .

Sent in the proper forms "twice " nothing , zippo. not a word.

Called and asked ,Sorry didn't receive anything . Send it again .

The guy said ,look in your sent mailbox and resend it LMAO :D.

SURE !

The past week the price went Up and Away :rolleyes:.

:D Side note , yes I have filled out the form on Carnivals website properly in the past and received credit.

however I have to disagree with those of you that suggest it's for nothing..last time I checked $60 was worth something..especially in this economy right! My rate request on the reduced 9A was 2-3 days BEFORE I noticed the new category 9Bs so it was almost at that same time Carnival was making the change. I would hope they would be willing to work with us and look back at the timing etc of when the request was put through vs when they made their category changes and do the right thing. Maybe not but I'm not NOT going to be pissed about it and not going to not try. I would look for them to do the right thing. In business in a tight economy you would think they would do that. We'll see what happens.

however I have to disagree with those of you that suggest it's for nothing..last time I checked $60 was worth something..especially in this economy right! My rate request on the reduced 9A was 2-3 days BEFORE I noticed the new category 9Bs so it was almost at that same time Carnival was making the change. I would hope they would be willing to work with us and look back at the timing etc of when the request was put through vs when they made their category changes and do the right thing. Maybe not but I'm not NOT going to be pissed about it and not going to not try. I would look for them to do the right thing. In business in a tight economy you would think they would do that. We'll see what happens.

I think you misunderstood. No one said $60 wasnt anything, what they said was they dont think you are going to get anything.

What ship are you on? and when did you notice the rate drop. Im guessing its at least a conquest class ship and those changes went thru at least a couple of weeks ago, as far as I know .. and you are just now posting about it .. so it could have been a couple of weeks before you noticed your category change? The category changes stared about a month ago.

I wish I could say, sure people are still getting rate drops for the categories they used to be in ... but as you can see on the thread others have also been denied.

I guess I will add my two cents! :p We are on Destiny for Thanksgiving.

We have several staterooms. Our stateroom was an 8G (I don't know what the heck it is now). Our rate dropped by $160 when my travel agent filed the claim for the OBC. The form for Early Saver states a reply by 2 days. On the end of the 2nd day there was no response, he immediately called Carnival for us. After what I was told was about a 20 minute hold, he was told that they were running behind and to call back in another day if no response. Just like clock work he did call back for us after hours. He was finally given the CS department and they refiled the claim for him on our behalf after verifying that indeed the rate dropped on the original category and he had filed the form. In the interim another cabin rate dropped and the 6B rate was the same as the original 4A. He was able to get the 4A upgraded to the 6B! My agent called yesterday and told us he had filed another form through CS and had finally received notice that $180 credit would be issued since the rate went down again.

I have to say if it weren't for the travel agent, I would be sitting here twiddling my thumbs. Online agents are just call centers and don't have any authority to act for you, they just put it in the computer. So for protection and someone who acts for you, I always use the local guy. I've never had a reason to chew him up, but I always beleive you get more flies with honey, so I wouldn't beat my agent up if I expected him or her to help me.

I think you misunderstood. No one said $60 wasnt anything, what they said was they dont think you are going to get anything.

What ship are you on? and when did you notice the rate drop. Im guessing its at least a conquest class ship and those changes went thru at least a couple of weeks ago, as far as I know .. and you are just now posting about it .. so it could have been a couple of weeks before you noticed your category change? The category changes stared about a month ago.

I wish I could say, sure people are still getting rate drops for the categories they used to be in ... but as you can see on the thread others have also been denied.

Fire, no it's on the Legend, not a Conquest class ship. I watch the rates daily and I have my timeline down pat as to when I saw the drop in my 9A, when I submitted the request to my agent and when the new categories started showing up. And yes this all started about 2 weeks ago. I have it all well documented. I am just now posting as I have not had any time since to do so previously. I'll see what happens tomorrow when I call the company back again.

October 16, 2009 for Spirit, Pride, Legend, & Miracle.

October 23, 2009 for Conquest, Glory, Valor, Liberty, Freedom, & Dream.

October 30, 2009 for Splendor, Destiny, Triumph, Victory, Ecstasy, & Sensation

The remaining fleet is TBA

the bad news is your categories changed Oct 16th, doesnt matter when you saw them, but they were changed among the very first ships that got changed.

I booked a Cat 11 on the Miracle for next Nov. Then it became a VS and the price went up $240. But the JS went down $160. I called my TA and he was able to get my rate reduced the $160 to match the rate for the JS. Though it was a "one time" thing and any other rate drops will have to be based on the VS rate. So Carnival did adj my rate down the match the lowest rate for a former Cat 11.

When did the categories change for your ship? I was able to get my price adjustment but it was maybe two days after the change on the Miracle when I had my TA submit it.

I had a similar experience...saw the rate change the same day they did the category changes but BEFORE the changes showed up. Called TA who said that carnival said I had actually paid less. Told my TA that made no sense since the invoice I have says I paid more...and that they could adjust the difference...he called carnival back and was able to get the lower Cat 11 price adjustment ($250 difference for three of us.) Later that night when I checked online for my sister, there weren't anymore cat VS left so no more price drops for me! Still glad they honored it.

:rolleyes:

You can say that again. Price dropped on my cruise a few weeks ago .

Sent in the proper forms "twice " nothing , zippo. not a word.

Called and asked ,Sorry didn't receive anything . Send it again .

The guy said ,look in your sent mailbox and resend it LMAO :D.

SURE !

The past week the price went Up and Away :rolleyes:.

:D Side note , yes I have filled out the form on Carnivals website properly in the past and received credit.

I was told to make a note on the form WHEN you originally sent it and they can look back at that time and see the price.

So did you sign up at a price you didn't like and expected a price drop? We only reserve a cruise when the price is what we think is fair and are willing to pay. We rarely check for price drops because we feel we have a fair price. I guess you don't expect to pay more when the price goes up? I'd say just chill and leave it as it is, especially for only $30.

Please email me at Chacooe@yahoo.com, I may have a lead on how you can take care of it.

You are getting all worked up and sure to have a bad cruise. Chill.

I won't book early saver....never! Because I hear too many of these horror stories. I would be ticked too that categories were changed that now effect your price. I don't have that problem cuz I don't book ES so I don't need to worry about price adjustments. My next cruise also changed categories but I booked on a sale that offered a 4F (obstructed ocean view) for the price of a 4A (inside) and I'm happy with that. I could have booked ES rate for a few dollars less but I thought this was a better deal to me. If I had booked ES, I'd be in the same situation as you. Although I would never book with an online TA. It is either direct with Carnival or my local TA that will jump thru hoops for me.

I not sure I will use the es next time. I have dep on the splendor for may. My husband just booked himself. We had to only put 250.00 down. We will book me, and pay the rest in march. the price will go up and down . We wanted a room on the Lido deck that was available now.

I had this same experience. My cat 11 aft wrap went to VS. I was able to have submitted to get for the lowest cat 11 price which was the Js.

I also have a 8I that is now a 8M. Was able to get $30 pp price drop for the 8M and $80 pp for the VS.

Now, the only problem is you have to have a determined TA that will be persistent and not mind losing money with the price drops. My 8M room took 4 times to be submitted and my VS room took 3 times to be submitted. And then both had to be faxed directly to Carnival and then they finally honored both of them. You just need to have a lot of patience. Maybe tell your TA sorry I was upset, but can you please resubmit, or call Carnival direct or whatever they need to do to get this accomplished for you. Like previously stated by another poster, you get more flies with honey. Good luck and I hope it works out for you. If not, I hope you at least have a great time on your cruise.:)

Archived