Thoughts from Recent Disney Cruise 18 month old

rolloman

This was my 18 month olds 5th cruise and 2nd on Disney.

Highlights- Great service, non stop access to characters, private island is on a level that other lines can't even compare to. Navigater Cabin is absolutely great for a child this age. Enclosed balcony, a couch that rotates over into a bed with ease (bed rail provided). The photographers do an amazing job. We had our christmas cards made and it was cheaper than we paid last year from a store in Florida. Flounders Nursery is great, no need to hesitate bringing your little one there. My daughter had a blast, we had late seating so they put her right to bed each night exactly at the time we asked.

Lowlights- Check in is brutal, it is now about a 5 stage process. Worst I have ever been through. Parking is far away while they build a new garage for Disney Dream. Never met my room steward (also a first) fortunately the steward for the rooms near me took care of my each and every need (remove coffee table, get me a bed rail, etc.), I made sure to tip her for her hard work. Food was not even close to the caliber I experienced a year ago. Also for some reason it seems odd to everyone when I ask for a highchair for our room. Mom likes to sit with baby on the balcony for breakfast. It is usually a coin flip, this time we were not accomodated.

Bottom line, if you have a little one under 2, Disney is the cruise for you. That being said, I am anxious to see how RCCL OASIS nursery is and how it will compare, looking forward to the first reviews from any of you who board prior to my booked April sailing.

I agree, 100%. Now that I look back, I can't remember our Disney Wonder or Magic cabin attendant. Nothing at all. But I can remember every cabin attendant from every other cruise.

And I loved the photographers too. VERY good. We got alot of great portraits on that ship.

Welcome back! I am looking forward to your review of Oasis.

TO BAD They are sooo expensive . could go on two or 3 cruises w/ccl for the price of one w/disney. and i cant see paying that much for a cruise w/18 month old that he/she won't remember maybe when my dd is like 6 or 7 . just my opion:)

TO BAD They are sooo expensive . could go on two or 3 cruises w/ccl for the price of one w/disney. and i cant see paying that much for a cruise w/18 month old that he/she won't remember maybe when my dd is like 6 or 7 . just my opion:)

Disney does a wonderful job letting adults be adults on their ships... If it weren't for the beeper... you'd forget you had kids on vacation with you.

Fortunately, with most cruise lines... kids under two go free (and just pay port charges). Our 2nd Disney cruise, our youngest was 18 months... she loved it.

Does she remember?

Probably not... but she see's the pictures of her with the characters, we tell her of the vacation and she's overjoyed that she was a part of it... back then. It's her favorite cruise photo album.

But yeah... you CAN go on 3 CCs for the price of 1 Disney... but when're you gonna burn 3 weeks off in 1 year? With kids?

Archived