Cabo Glass Factory?

aarinsmama

Anyone been to the glass factory in the Cabo area? I'm interested in seeing this, but so far haven't found an organized tour there. Anyone ever hired someone to take them there and then back again? If so, how much did this cost you and how much time did it take? Thanks for any help!

I took the Cabo by Land & Sea excursion last year. You spend about 1 hour on a boat that takes to land's end. Then you hop on a bus that takes you to a cactus garden, San Jose del Cabo and the glass factory.

You spend about 30-45 minutes there. They have a demonstration of how to they make a vase or cup. Then you get about 20 minutes of actual shopping time there. There is an indoor area where the "firsts" are and outside area where the "seconds" are. I do stained glass & I couldn't see much of a difference between the 2 areas. (The "seconds" might have a small air bubble in a paperweight or the object didn't break off the stick correctly and there is a little nick). I skipped part of the demo and spent more time looking. The prices were pretty good. Also take pictures of the walls (they put glass objects in them).

517119293_1121CSLglassfactory6.jpg.a513abc081c321260c7c9a04f00512e6.jpg

1548912163_1121CSLglassfactory13.jpg.b22de390b2fcaafe3bb22e0c5dea46f9.jpg

1386941334_1121CSLglassfactory8.jpg.972a2447ac719a524fc171adf2fbf721.jpg

• 1 month later...
Anyone been to the glass factory in the Cabo area? I'm interested in seeing this, but so far haven't found an organized tour there. Anyone ever hired someone to take them there and then back again? If so, how much did this cost you and how much time did it take? Thanks for any help!

I was on the Mariner of the Seas last month. We took the shore excursion called Coastal Highlights. It went to San Jose del Cabo, and included a stop at the Glass Factory in Cabo on the way back.

seems like a potential stop, have tried, but

WHERE IS IT LOCATED?

(skunked on finding it so far!)

Here is a site that has the address: http://www.cabosanlucasshopping.com/view_shopping.asp?CID=4&SID=16

Here is a better website: http://www.loscabosguide.com/glassfactorycabo/index.html

I just googled glass factory cabo san lucas

If I remember correctly, it was off the main road that goes towards WalMart. According to the map, it is near the bull ring.

http://www.loscabosguide.com/maps/cabomap-section-b.htm

I don't know if a bus goes near there, but I'm sure that a taxi driver will know exactly where it is.

We were in Cabo in early October and went on a private tour through Johann & Sandra. There were 8 of us. We went to the glass factory on that tour. Very nice. Here are my pictures from that tour - I have quite a few at the glass factory:

http://travel.webshots.com/album/574967067buicGI

To only view pictures of the glass factory go to page 6 of the album.

Thanks for all the info guys, especially the maps. Ginny your pics were beautiful too, and it made me even more determined to go there! Thanks for sharing them!

We've decided to just grab a cab and head there on our own, then have the cab drop us at Medano beach afterward for a little lunch and beach time.

Happy cruising all! We're down to single digits for the "official" start of vacation, the flight!!!

Thanks for all the info guys, especially the maps. Ginny your pics were beautiful too, and it made me even more determined to go there! Thanks for sharing them!

We've decided to just grab a cab and head there on our own, then have the cab drop us at Medano beach afterward for a little lunch and beach time.

Happy cruising all! We're down to single digits for the "official" start of vacation, the flight!!!

Have fun! It sounds like a good plan.:)

• 3 weeks later...

Just had to say I REALLY enjoyed seeing all of your pics of Mariner of the Seas! Will be on that ship Feb 14th (3 weeks from today) and can't wait! Have cruised 3 'radiance' class of ships so this one will be different!

Thanks for sharing!!

Cheers!

Celia

• 1 month later...

The factory's website is http://glassfactorycabo.com/index.html Directions don't come up on my computer, but I google mapped the address - here's a map http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4DKUK_enGB238GB238&q=lazaro+cardenas%2c+cabo+san+lucas

looks like you can walk there. Have a good time!

I don't believe your map is correct. The glass factory is more on the outskirts of town and would not be walkable by any but the hardiest souls. I have never seen anyone recommend anything less than a cab to the Glass Factory. It is a must see, however.

About 6 posts up is a map locating the factory by bobnsofi. You can see it is right near the highway to San Jose del Cabo.

I don't believe your map is correct. The glass factory is more on the outskirts of town and would not be walkable by any but the hardiest souls. I have never seen anyone recommend anything less than a cab to the Glass Factory. It is a must see, however.

About 6 posts up is a map locating the factory by bobnsofi. You can see it is right near the highway to San Jose del Cabo.

You are correct. The Glass Factory is located where bobnsofi's map shows it. It is not a good idea to walk there. It's in an out of the way industrial area, definately NOT where jantoby's map points to.

My wife and I walked there about a year ago. We even got lost and had to asked for directions at a small grocery store.

This sounds like the perfect thing to do on a short port day. Does anyone know if their tours are all day or just at certain times? Also, approximately how much is a taxi and are there certain color taxis that I'd need to take?

approximately how much is a taxi and are there certain color taxis that I'd need to take?

I'm also interested in taking a taxi to the glass factory? Do you have the taxi wait for you for the return trip or can you get a taxi at the glass factory?

Have been there on a tour but would like to spend more time there.

when we visited, recently off a cruise ship, there was no one around. No taxi's. No Glass blowing. Just a few employees dusting about the glass shelves. Seems you would want to find when the tours come thru to see the glass blowing demonstrations. Seems most taxi's in Cabo are expensive vans; although we did see a small sentra cab recently. Surely the glass factory employees would call a cab for you when needed. It would be a hike to get there from the cruise pier

Glass factory parking area

IMG_3318.jpg

Archived