Soda Card - Fountain Fun Card

wanderlust402

Can anyone tell me more about the Soda card? I had read that it included bottled water, but the drink menu below refers to it as a "fountain fun" card which would imply that it is only for fountain drinks. Also, can anyone provide the current price for the card? Now that I know a Coke would be $1.95, I would be better able to evaluate the cost/benefit analysis for purchasing.

I have no interest in flying into the airport with a few cases of soda, nor do I plan on visiting a grocery store before embarkation. I am simply looking at the decision to purchase the soda card or not. For my wife, the water issue is more important as she doesn't drink soft drinks often, but she does like natural spring water provided it is not carbonated and does not have a heavy mineral taste.

I always get one. It's worth it if you drink a lot of diet Coke like I do. I am not sure if it includes bottled water but I don't think it does. The cost for a 7 night cruse was around $45 plus tax, so if you drink 4 or more drinks per day it's worth it. I used it all the time while sitting on deck and every night at dinner. It also takes away any concern of keeping up with how much you're spending on them. Drink as many as you like; they're paid for! :)

Just back from a 7 day cruise (Valor). Card was $50.XX (we bought while still in port). And wife and I "shared" the card and still don't think it was worth it.

No, it does not come with a cup. And I'd recommend against buying theirs. It is insulated, but holds very little. We bought one, but wished we hadn't. I'd suggest taking a couple of sport water bottle for water. Or buy a couple of souvenir cups before you board (we did that and it worked great).

If you drink soft drinks, I'd seriously consider picking some up. I plan on doing that next time.

I just got back from a 4 day cruise on the Imagination and my soda card was29 dollars and change after the tax and gratuity was added. Bottle water is not included but you can have all the soda and juice from the bar that you want.

If you wait till you are in international waters, you save the tax! For 7 days I think mine was 40 something...

You can also buy them the next day and pay a pro-rated amount. We get the soda card to mix with our smuggled goodies, so we don't bother buying it until the 2nd day since we won't need it before then. Adult price is $6/day + 15% grat, + local sales tax if you buy it while in port. After the first day where they have the table set up, you can get the card at any bar.

The card is $6 per day for adults and includes a 15% gratuity...Like others said, wait until you leave port, so you avoid tax. I will remember this next time. Even if you aren't a big soda drinker, it also includes cranberry, pineapple and orange juice. Both my daughter and I used it (they just glance at sticker on it it), especially for the Cranberry juice we mixed with the special juice we brought in our checked bags.

If you wait till you are in international waters' date=' you save the tax! For 7 days I think mine was 40 something...[/quote']

about how much tax would you save if you waited?

I'm as cheap as they come but when we cruise I somehow forget I'm cheap and just figure what the hay.

If I waited til the ship left port to save the tax that means I'd be at the bar purchasing a soda so the savings would be close to nil.

Soda cards range in price for some reason. Some people get charged $5.50 per day and other ships charge $6.00 per day. Then add the 15% gratuity.

Bill

about how much tax would you save if you waited?

I'm as cheap as they come but when we cruise I somehow forget I'm cheap and just figure what the hay.

If I waited til the ship left port to save the tax that means I'd be at the bar purchasing a soda so the savings would be close to nil.

Soda cards range in price for some reason. Some people get charged $5.50 per day and other ships charge $6.00 per day. Then add the 15% gratuity.

Bill

We bought ours before dinner...don't forget there is free lemonade/tea/water on the Lido!

We bought ours before dinner...don't forget there is free lemonade/tea/water on the Lido!

I guess if I could drink the iced tea or lemonade before the ship sailed I could drink it all week and save the money from the soda card.

It's really more a convenience thing. We don't count how many sodas we"re drinking to make sure we get our monies worth.

Just flash the card, get your soda and off ya go. No recepts to sign, etc.

Bill

I guess if I could drink the iced tea or lemonade before the ship sailed I could drink it all week and save the money from the soda card.

It's really more a convenience thing. We don't count how many sodas we"re drinking to make sure we get our monies worth.

Just flash the card, get your soda and off ya go. No recepts to sign, etc.

Bill

I had heard about the good lemonade (they also had a fruit punch that was good), but I was worried about the sugar. So we took a couple different flavors of those individual Crystal Light powders. You know, the thin tubes that are really designed to pour in a water bottle? They are pretty darn good. I especially like the banana/cherry and then mixed it in with the rum I brought. It made a very good rum punch any time I wanted.

BTW, the lemonade was good. I was just concerned about the sugar.

I had heard about the good lemonade (they also had a fruit punch that was good), but I was worried about the sugar. So we took a couple different flavors of those individual Crystal Light powders. You know, the thin tubes that are really designed to pour in a water bottle? They are pretty darn good. I especially like the banana/cherry and then mixed it in with the rum I brought. It made a very good rum punch any time I wanted.

BTW, the lemonade was good. I was just concerned about the sugar.

I never cared for the fruit punch but lots of people loved it, especially for their mixed drinks but that is now history.:(

Bill

Archived