Marty Allen & Karon Kane, are they still entertaining on RCCL?

tally10

In the past, we have had two RCCL transatlantic crossings with Marty Allen and Karon Kane performing. They were just wonderful!! We did not have them on our last transatlantic cruise and they aren't scheduled on our upcoming one. Does anyone know if they are still performing or have they retired?

In the past, we have had two RCCL transatlantic crossings with Marty Allen and Karon Kane performing. They were just wonderful!! We did not have them on our last transatlantic cruise and they aren't scheduled on our upcoming one. Does anyone know if they are still performing or have they retired?

Hi tally10...Just returned from Jewel of the Seas repo cruise, Boston to Miami. And yes, Marty and Karon did perform on this sailing and they were wonderful. As always, a fun show. Hope you get to see them too. :)

I thought her name was Karon Blackwell..Anyway, they will be on The Radiance OTS from 11/21-11/24 and The Explorer OTS 12/6--12/14

It is Karon Kate Blackwell. Do you know their schedule for January? I would love it if they were on the Radiance. We've seen them once, and they were fabulous. We ran into them late one night in the hallway on the way to their cabin. We complimented them on the show, and they were very gracious. My sister said "I didn't know you two were married". Marty said, "I didn't either".

Thanks for your posts. I had hoped for all of our sakes that they did not retire. He was very personable and allowed us to take pictures with him and converse with him. His life story is amazing and he is as funny as ever! Karon Kate Blackwell was extremely talented as a singer and musician. I hope we see them on future sailings.

They performed on our Alaska repo cruise that ended in San Diego OCT 09.

Karina...According to his website....MartyAllenHelloDere.com....he is scheduled to be on The Explorer from 12/06---12/14

Ah. he must be boarding in barbados or something for my cruise and staying over into the beginning of the next cruise.

We saw them on the Empress in Nov. 2007. I thought their show on the Empress was the funniest act I have ever seen on a ship.

They had the cabin next to us while they were on the ship. They only stayed on board part of the cruise and got off before the 11 night cruise ended. Another entertainer came aboard and used the same cabin.

I have seen them grocery shopping here in Las Vegas and they are just down to earth every day people.

I would love to see them again on one of my cruises. :D For someone his age, he has still got it. ;)

I think she is fabulous too.

They were on the Jewel Repo cruise that ended last week. They got on in Aruba and stayed on the ship for last 2 sea days. Marty was in front of me at the buffet line in the Windjammer for lunch. Both Marty and Karen were very approachable and eager to meet people. Great entertainers. Karen is an awesome piano player. Their act was very funny and at the end Marty said "I just showed you that you don't have to be vulgar to be funny."

The Jewel repo cruise was the second time we have seen them perform on an RCI ship and anytime in the future that they will be on one of our cruises, we will make it a point to attend their show. Amazing high energy performance for this 87 year old great entertainer. Karon Kate could do a whole show on her own. Together they make a wonderful team and the interview that the CD held with them the following day in the theater was very interesting as they recounted their past history in the entertainment industry.:)

I have to agree with all of you. I saw Marty on our Panama Canal cruise a few years ago and on the Explorer last November. Marty and Karon put on a wonderful show. Mary has a tendency to wonder off his speech and Karon just goes on with it, although she broke down and laughed at the one show. She also prompts him a bit when he seems to forget where he is at...but he is just the best. Dont miss his show. Get to the show early, as it was packed when we saw him.

Archived