Jolly Pirates

RichNY

I really want to do the trip but of the three of us, I am the only swimmer. How is the tour for people that dont want to get off this boat? Is there still singing and/or things to do at the stops if not in the water? Has anyone been on a tour where people stay on board?

I really want to do the trip but of the three of us, I am the only swimmer. How is the tour for people that dont want to get off this boat? Is there still singing and/or things to do at the stops if not in the water? Has anyone been on a tour where people stay on board?

Beverages and music. The swing is open after lunch on the lunch cruise.

My family just did the Jolly Pirate and had a fantastic time. We ranged in ages from my 22 yo daughter to my 78 yo father. There were also several kids around 8 or 10 yo on board. The crew did an excellent job of making sure everyone was having fun. If you weren't swimming, they were there joking around or dancing with you. The water was a little rough at our first stop, but we didn't really notice it on board. The food was ok, the drinks were plentifull, and the good times were overflowing. This was a fun day.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm also prone to seasickness, but had no trouble at all while out with Jolly Pirates. The water was rough at our first snorkel stop, and murky, but there was no noticable roll on the boat. Because the water was so murky over the Antilla we didn't spend much time there, it was tough to see. The water was better at our second stop where we had lunch, but still not a lot of fish or coral - but great warm water, and super fun swing :)

And the guys and the lunch were great too!

The thing to keep in mind about the Antilla is that it is in about 65 feet off water. Imo it is better geared for scuba diving. You can check out the top of the wreck but with Aruba's poor visibility (not as good as other Caribbean destinations). You will probably be seeing more fish than wreck.

The best snorkeling is the stop on the reef closer to shore. TONS to see there.

The thing to keep in mind about the Antilla is that it is in about 65 feet off water. Imo it is better geared for scuba diving. You can check out the top of the wreck but with Aruba's poor visibility (not as good as other Caribbean destinations). You will probably be seeing more fish than wreck.

I will keep that in mind. Thanks.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi,

Can you please tell me the location of this reef? Can you swim to it from shore? Is it off of Boca Catalina?

Any shade on the Jolly Pirates?

Thanks

The Antilla is a half mile OFF OF THE COAST of the Boca Catalina. I do NOT suggest you swim there. http://www.wikimapia.org/#lat=12.601643&lon=-70.056682&z=17&l=0&m=a&v=2

Can you please tell me the location of this reef?
You can see here the boats moored for snorkeling excursions. http://www.wikimapia.org/#lat=12.6057575&lon=-70.0509953&z=17&l=0&m=b

Can you swim to it from shore?

It is about an 1/8 of a mile off the coast

Is it off of Boca Catalina?

You can see it's location on the map

http://www.wikimapia.org/#lat=12.6051921&lon=-70.0519985&z=18&l=0&m=b

Any shade on the Jolly Pirates?

Thanks

Yes

Archived