Jolly Pirates

RichNY

They use one for ship excursions and the other for anyone booking privately with them. Booking privately gives you more time plus a nice barbeque lunch for the same price as booking through the ship (Celebrity). We have booked directly with them a couple of times and have enjoyed it very much.

The lunch is nice. From my review:

"After the Antilla it was back to the coastline along Malmok where we dropped anchor and lunch plates were handed out. Food included: a chicken skewer and a couple of ribs, a roll, pasta salad, Cole slaw and watermelon."

After lunch is when the rope swing fun begins! :D

c_ropeswing.jpg click on thumbnail to enlarge

• 3 months later...

I mean Jolly Pirates!! LOL

Thanks for the info...I just canceled my Cruise ship booking and booked on line. You also get a 12% discount when you book through them!! So it works out. The excursion is a little longer on line.

Only question now is if they pick us up at the dock. I have a feeling I will have to get a cab there??

Does anyone know how far they are from ship??

I mean Jolly Pirates!! LOL

Thanks for the info...I just canceled my Cruise ship booking and booked on line. You also get a 12% discount when you book through them!! So it works out. The excursion is a little longer on line.

Only question now is if they pick us up at the dock. I have a feeling I will have to get a cab there??

Does anyone know how far they are from ship??

Hi,

We did the Jolly Pirate in January and had great fun! They do not pick you up at the port, but you can easily take the city bus or walk out of the port and grab a taxi (that is what we did). By booking independently you not only get the lunch you get the open bar. We planned on taking the city bus back to the port but a taxi van stopped (at the bus stop) and said he would take us all back for $1.75 each:)

Debr

Hi,

We did the Jolly Pirate in January and had great fun! They do not pick you up at the port, but you can easily take the city bus or walk out of the port and grab a taxi (that is what we did). By booking independently you not only get the lunch you get the open bar. We planned on taking the city bus back to the port but a taxi van stopped (at the bus stop) and said he would take us all back for $1.75 each:)

Debr

WONDERFUL!!! Thank you...bus it is!!!:D

Kris

• 4 weeks later...

We just got back from our cruise. We booked the Jolly Pirates independently. There were some kids (ours & a few others). I would say there were definitely more adults. The crew was a lot of fun.:D The meal was simple (after being on a cruise ship), but adequate and tasted good. Also, we did take the bus. The terminal is right across the street from the pier. The cost was $1.20 going up there and $1.30 coming back?? The instructions the Jolly Pirates sent us for getting there were very good. The only thing I would add is that when you come through the Holiday Inn, you do have to walk a little ways up the beach to the right before you see the Jolly Pirates signs, boats etc... From their instructions, I was expecting that you would walk through the lobby and look to the right and you'd see them on the spot.

After the excursion, about 1/2 of our group spent another hour right there on the beach. Just floating & relaxing and wearing off the alcohol.;)

I would definitely recommend this excursion!

we were on the same one as Extrodinare. out bus cost.. 1.30pp US, adn for an extra $1 you got a return transfer/pp. sso for 2.30/pp you can bus to the JP and back!!!

We also met a couple who were on the princess JP excursion. they paid 69 each, only ahd 2 dive sites and no rope swing. No meal. WE (me and wife) pain 49/pp after 12% discount!!!

:oI wanted to share my experience with Jolly Pirates (not the tour, but the company)

I had booked a snorkle tour for 6 people with Jolly Pirates. Our ship (the Westerdam) arrived too late for us to make the tour. When I e-mailed the Jolly Pirates and explained the situation, they cheerfully refunded my money! I was very pleasantly surprised by that.

I can't comment on the tour, since we didn't make it, but I wanted folks to know that The Jolly Pirates are a class act that conducts thier business with integrity and honesty. My thanks to the Jolly Pirates.

The next time I'm in Aruba, I hope actually make the tour!

• 2 weeks later...

Just got back....Wonderful worth every penny!!! We took a bus to and from...1.30 one way...should have gotten the Transfer for 2.30!!

Very easy to get to. They do have 2 ship as stated above. Book private...and tell your roll call...it was 98 bucks for both of us and the food was good...my son and I got ribs and chicken, rice and cold salad. The rum punch was GREAT and the swing was awesome...the other tour excursions were watching a wishing they were on our ship....we even had a stowaway come over to try the swing but after the first swing the Pirates kicked him off (for Insurance reasons!!) There was music and dancing.....Young and old...were all getting into it!! Full Boat but plenty of room!! Go for it!!

Kris

• 2 weeks later...

We just sailed with the Jolly Pirates and had a fantastic time.. The crew, food, drinks, music and snorkel sites were the best. Don't hesitate to book them independently, more bang for the buck....:D:D

I know silly question, but what type of beer do they have and it is cold? What other drinks are there, not that we are doing it just for the drinks, but it sure is nice knowing we will enjoy our cocktails!!

I do not recall anyone drinking bottles or cans of beer. Lots of trash to take of?? Just the rum punch and a small liquor bar.

Anyone else remember anybody drinking beer??? I was busy drinking the rum punch, swinging and snorkeling!!:D

• 3 weeks later...

To all who've done the Jolly Pirates...

Does anyone recall rough waters?

I get seasick easily, and the last time we did an excurison on a Pirate Ship Snorkel, I got soooo sick due to the rough waters. (The crew claims it was due to a tropical storm they had the previous day, but I don't know?)

It was so bad, even some of the crew got sick and I swore I would never even "look" at a pirate ship again.

Well, here we are looking for excursions in Aruba, and my 2 girls want to do Jolly Pirates...I am leary...

Anyone??? :confused:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived