Don't sweat the small stuff

byucougs

That picture is of a girl who sued a tattoo parlor for giving her too many stars. She dropped the suit when it was revealed that she had requested them all.

Not stickers.

*shudder*

Cheers,

Deb

bummer. Can you imagine? Yikes. So permanent. Forever.

Hope he never needs an emergency MRI ... jeepers !:eek:

Or getting his teeth cleaned and having a full mouth set of diagnostic xrays. But hey, he probably doesn't have any money to pay for dental care anyway.

Should we be so worried about the jobless rate among young people in America when people like this show up for interviews and get rejected? To see the obvious in your face slackers that roam our downtown streets today with attitude and then ask us to feel sorry we are not "giving" them jobs is proof you can believe in "change".

The former American work ethic of those living through the depression or raised by parents who lived through the Depression indeed shows America has changed.

I only hope these young people eventually become ennobled by their brush with adversity. And for the life of me I wish I could understand what their body art was really trying to speak to me - besides revulsion and rejection and anti-establishment.

There has to be an underlying message of pain here but I am having a hard time getting past the arrogance and stupidity of it all too. Again a generation of Rebels Without a Cause. Why? Never understood the tenacity of the James Dean message either, but it was a canary in the mineshaft for future cultural change.

At least I can still remember when my "generation" (the 1950's) which is now viewed with affectionate nostaligia as the "good old days" was also reviled and viewed as the End of Western Civilization, as we know it.

Too long? Maybe over 60 days.:confused:

I toured Europe with some school friends many years ago. We said "We're going to have a good time and meet some nice people'. Guess what---we did. We tried to learn please and thank you in the language of the country we were in, and already knew how to smile. A simple attempt at the local language and a smile goes a long way.

A frown, bad tone of voice and demands will get you classified as an "Ugly American". I try to avoid them, on board and touring.

That is one of the truest statements ever. I remember once going into Martinque and after we all got back onboard some people were griping about how unfriendly the locals were and how they wouldn't speak English.

I don't know A LOT of French, but I DO know a little and all I did was TRY to speak to them in their language and I'll tell you what...those people were wonderful to us. They ALSO knew how to speak English, and they spoke it AFTER we attempted to speak THEIR language. Their English was better than my French, that's for sure, but we had a GREAT time there.

I don't EVER want to be called the "Ugly American" and I do my best to do as the Romans do when in Rome. The locals REALLY do appreciate it.;)

I think a lot of the reason many locals won't speak English is because they are embarassed that they don't speak it well enough. Once they hear how badly we speak THEIR language, I guess they don't feel so bad and then they just let 'er go!

That this becomes your son-in-law....

Take a look at that ear thing. Ha. My son has this friend, Matt, who has one of those. I told Matt he was ridiculous and that looked like crazy land. Matt chuckled, no kidding. Ick. Well, Matt got his Masters at Brown and he's at Yale for his law degree. I don't care. I will still dress him down! With love. Yeah, what's up with that stupid earring you jerk?:)

These young kids are the:

ONES THAT WILL BE PICKING AND STAFFING OUR NURSING HOMES

WILL BE MAKING THE MONEY NECESSARY TO PAY OUR SOCIAL SECURITY AND MEDICARE

NOTE:

After those thoughts I need two aspirin and a shot of jack.....

Have a nice evening

Ruth & JIm

But hey, he probably doesn't have any money to pay for dental care anyway.

Wow!

Sure, this guy definitely marches to the beat of his own drummer, but how can you possibly assume that he has no money for dental care? :rolleyes:

I remember when I had the pleasure of meeting my first multi-millionaire back in the late 70's. Guess what? His entire wardrobe consisted of tee shirts, flannel shirts, jeans and leather jackets. Today, his wardrobe hasn't changed much, but his net worth sure has and for the better! He's still the true gentleman he's always been.

People need to be who they think they are. If they find that as the years go by they've made errors in judgement, so be it. Haven't we all said to ourselves "Geez, if I knew then what I know now?" :confused:

Wow!

Sure, this guy definitely marches to the beat of his own drummer, but how can you possibly assume that he has no money for dental care? :rolleyes:

I remember when I had the pleasure of meeting my first multi-millionaire back in the late 70's. Guess what? His entire wardrobe consisted of tee shirts, flannel shirts, jeans and leather jackets. Today, his wardrobe hasn't changed much, but his net worth sure has and for the better! He's still the true gentleman he's always been.

People need to be who they think they are. If they find that as the years go by they've made errors in judgement, so be it. Haven't we all said to ourselves "Geez, if I knew then what I know now?" :confused:

But his ears will be all stretched out right to his knees. How does that work?

Perpetual whiners are like this even when they aren't on a cruise. I can't imagine what it's like to live with someone like this. I'm afraid there are some very sour, bitter, angry people out there who find fault with anything and everything. Their CC Reviews are unintentionally hilarious.

There was a woman, and her poor miserable husband, on our five week Vancouver to Tampa via the Amazon cruise last year that had to be in the Guinness Book of Records for the loudest and most consistent complainer in the world.

We kept hearing about her from other folks on the ship...but for three weeks we never ran into her. Then....we were on a tender boat returning to the ship from Santorem on the Amazon and she was there!!!

This incredibly loud voiced woman ...nattering away at her husband about the size of the tender....and there being too many people on it....and the captain should make the crew wait until all the passengers were back on board before they got to get on the tender, (which incidentally is the rule....crew gets on the last tender....she was complaining about the crew that was operating the tender...LMAOROTF!!!!!)... or something else equally mundane. Clearly her husband was embarassed but just sat ignoring her.

I looked at my wife....and a couple we had met on the cruise who were sitting on the other side of the tender from me....and without thinking...in a very loud voice said to them..."It's her....the one everyone is talking about.....the one who complains about everything....she's sitting right there!"

I could feel my face go red as everyone around me laughed and clapped....clearly 'nasty complainer woman' had heard what I said....was glaring at me over her shoulder....but according to the guy sitting next to me it was the first time he had her quiet since we left San Diego!!

To this day I can not imagine how anyone could find something to complain about on a cruise all day....every day....for 36 days! But apparently this woman did!

And no.....36 days is not too long to cruise....but it is long....I could have ended it a week earlier and been quite happy. My DW on the other hand was desperately trying to figure out how to add four more weeks as we slipped into Tampa!!!

Archived